• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[TRIGGER] Basic Triggers Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I have never touched the triggering area of World Editor so I have been reading the tutorials trying to teach myself the basics. If someone can respond with the possible trigger for what is needed or some type of tip I will appreciate it greatly. I hope the following requests are not to complex.

Game Mechanics
Set the camera at a raised height. And some type of text command to reset it to this height

Basically if the building/circle of power is destroyed it will come under the control of the attacker.

Can be built on top of the control point and only the control point. A type of building.

Combat
All units will have mana. When away from the campfire the mana will slowly degrade. When mana reaches zero the unit's health points will slowly decrease until the unit dies or returns to the campfire.

Rejuvenates a units mana

Win Condition
Count down from 30 minutes. At the end of the timer the game will end.

Whoever controls this control point will win the game at the end of the timer.

Event
X amount of hostile units spawn at X location(s)

I will be trying to accomplish this in the mean time. Please if you only respond to one of the triggers I will be more then thankful!

Level 1
i could try to make them but in a couple of hours
control points(i think)
Events
Unit - A unit Dies
Conditions
((Triggering unit) is A structure) Equal to True
Actions
Unit - Create 1 (Unit-type of (Dying unit)) for (Owner of (Killing unit)) at (Position of (Dying unit)) facing (Facing of (Dying unit)) degrees

Last edited:
Level 31
For the second trigger (Control Point):

• Control Point Init
    • Ereignisse
      • Map initialization
    • Bedingungen
    • Aktionen
      • Set ControlPoint = Control Point 0000 <gen>
  • Control Point
    • Ereignisse
      • Einheit - A unit Stirbt
    • Bedingungen
      • (Dying unit) Gleich ControlPoint
    • Aktionen
      • Spiel - Display to (All players) the text: ((Name of (Owner of (Killing unit))) + has now the control over the Control Point!)
      • Einheit - Create 1 Control Point for (Owner of (Killing unit)) at (Position of (Dying unit)) facing Vorgabe für Gebäude-Ausrichtung degrees
      • Set ControlPoint = (Last created unit)
Theres something about Leaks. So there should be a customscript to remove the stored unit, but I don't know how to do that, but this should work properly!
chilla_killa

Level 6
ive been working on a few of these things myself for your alst 3 you make a trigger event time elapsed - time elapsed is (x) action unit-create unit (create a (x) number of unit/(s) for (player) at (region or point). i know most of those triggers and can do them for you if you wish and then illg et a professional to anti-leak them (leaks are small glitches in triggers which canc ause lag and disconnections)

Status
Not open for further replies.