• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

(trigger assistance) 3rd Person View

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I know this is prolly a rather bugging question but I'm rather annoyed that i can't get a 3rd person view to work. I'm more atuned to SC BW's trigger editor than WC3s so this is like a huge crash corse on my part.

I need help in effectively creating a 3rd Person view.
I know one way is by making it .01 secs set cam to blah blah blah. However that is a rather hulky and clumsy design.
there are 2 designs i'd rather use.
The Camera design on the map "TankWarzAnR" where the camera follows the target but pans smoothely with its rotaion.
Another design is one i havnt' seen. I'd prefer to have the Cam Lock onto the Targeted unit (aka you) but it does the "Orientation Lock" on your cursor. So in other words, the cam will follow your character but pans smoothely with your curser where ever your cursor goes.

The second option is more of an Idea i'd luv to use; i havnt seen it used b4. but im also not on bnet much anymore either.
the first option that uses the cam from TankWarzAnR is my most needed one. That map isnt the only one to have used it; i remember seeing an RPG map where the cam smoothely panned on the character.

i'd greately appreciate any ones effort to assist me but of corse, only if you can =)
sincerely,
-=Gloryn=-

Level 3
heh; dont hate on me but i just figured out a similiar way of accomplishing the first view system i needed. How ever there is a slight problem with the cam not matching the height of the unit in comparison to the terrian. so basically; i start walking up a hill; the cam stays at its beginning height n' begins to go through the hill; the unit and everything else making it look rather stupid... heh... help?
I'm trouble shooting as we speak. if i do find a way I might post a tutorial on it for others who dono' *shrugs*

-=Gloryn=-

Status
Not open for further replies.