• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Trigering and Variables

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
hi all i have a question.So lets begin.... i just loked at some triger enchanged spells and i tought its easy to make 1 and so i got to work and started to make my
"BlazingBall" spell every think started fine.But (theres always a BUT!) i got almost what i wanted and there ar some minor problems that i neaded to fix but i cant i tryed like ... 40-50 difrent triger variants but nighter worked thats becouse
i dont know how to use variables when i look at other peoples spells and most of them have tons of variables.
i think everyone has played DOTA in his life (lol ^^ )
so i tried to make a spell like the energy charge spell or something like that i forgot the name.So the fire ball must stand in front of the hero and charg like 3-4 secound and then go forward and deal damage to enemy units.But when i cast my spell that fireball thats used to charge is in the midle of the map!! and at dota its in front of the hero im prety shure that
has something to do with variables so my request is if someone can teach me how to use variables and some
more complicated conditions and actions plz writh here and leve a skype , icq or any comunication chat (please no IRC).

Tnx and sorry for the bad english

:roll:

Level 2
hi, bad english indeed, lol. No prob.

From what u describe i'd say that the location where u create the ball is wrong. Its either center of playable map, which obviously creates it right there.

Other wise, u need to give more info i'd say. Be more specifick about what u want to know.

For learning about variables i suggest u look up a tutorial about it.

Greetz,
frenksel

Status
Not open for further replies.