• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Transfer an already made "Race Mod" into another map.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Good day.

I want to transfer an already-made "Race Mod", in this case: Duststorm - Grom Hellscream
Into another map, whichever one I prefer, but for this example, Bandit Ridge.

I have seen some threads detailing that you must "Export All Objects" then "Import All Objects" into said map.
Well, I tried that, and then I did select Orcs at Handicap 90%, but they were exactly the same as vanilla.

Have I done something wrong, or am I missing something?
Or is doing this "Transfer Race Mods" actually not as simple as it may seem?

Level 14
You need to transfer the spawn race units on handicap selection script too.
As well as transferring any script that corresponds to features or spells of the race that the modmaker made as scripts.
(such as the juggernaut feature of Grom)
If you still encounter problems after this you can tell them: people will help you.

Level 5
Sorry, should have asked this from the start since the question itself is better; Can anyone make a small guide of how to port the "Grom Hellscream" mod into any map?
I don't think just object import will do, and I don't know how to copy scripts and such.

Level 27
I will give you a help.

1- You must Export all objets from my map and then Import all objets to the map you want to add the race.

2- You need to transfer any custom Model / Texture / Icon... to the new map, and with the correct paths.

3- It is absolutely necessary to transfer the triggers; otherwise nothing will work (and that includes race selection).

Don't forget to give me credits for the race if you plan to upload it somewhere. :]

Level 5
Alright, I've tried "export/import all objects", no problem, but the moment I import the triggers I just exported, I keep getting so many "syntax" errors.

Level 5
I have various actually; 1.26, 1.28.5, 1.29 and 1.31

For this one, I am using 1.31.

Is JNGP "Jass New Gen Pack"? If so, how do I even install it? There is no readme that indicates how to do so.

Level 5
Okay so, I was unable to install JNGP correctly, but then I found out "SharpCraft", which is a successor of JNGP apparently.

So I tried that, and good news, it seems both Objects & Triggers worked fine!
But now, only one problem left; There are no custom models, textures or icons.

How exactly can I fix that?

Level 14
You can extract the models, textures and icons from the original map then import them at the same locations (each model, texture or icon have a path field: make sure it is the same paths as the ones in the original map) in your map which is a quite long process sadly.

Level 5
So, on a related note, I am trying to merge TC15 - Mythic - Iron Legion into another map (in this case, Bandit Ridge).

I think the map was made in 1.31, or 1.30, I'm using 1.31 myself, either way it has vJass and JassHelper implemented already unlike in 1.26, but there's one problem; I keep getting these syntax errors, despite the fact JassHelper and vJass is enabled.

What is causing this issue? I've asked in Discord and everyone tells me I should not be having this.

As for the other map, the only problem is that I can't get any of the models, textures or icons to work, even though I've imported properly and set all names correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.