• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Cinematic] Trailer, please watch and comment :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Hello! This is my very first cinematic. It is as said a "trailer" for my project, Warcraft III: Winds of the North.
I won't tell much about the project right now, but it's basiclly a "expansion" for Wacraft III, featuring events of WoW and original Warcraft lore. No, it's is not like WC3: WoW and is not insired by it :grin:

About the movie... I know many of you could've done this in some hours, but i have been workng on it pretty long. I couldn't find any lore-wise storys of the events featured in the cinematic, so i some what made my own... No, it's not completely pathetic :p

Well comment please and give constructive comments. Like it? Give rep or an appreciation :D
I have tryed my very best to make timing work, sound, and to make some epic terraining.

Screenies and cinematic attached. Enjoy! :D

Update!

Attachments

• WC3WotNTrailer.w3x
    4.3 MB · Views: 159
Last edited:
Level 3
This made me anxious to see the result, in overall it looks really good, the events are also correct and the terraining was awesome.

I give you 4/5 for the research, it could be a bit better but nevertheless correct.

The units used, I say NO, the heroes ofcourse are correct except for Bolvar but the normal units (e.g Scarlets) are disturbing.

Suggestions for better units:

Make Bolver Fordragon: Arthas with Frostmourne(Human Form), Yes Bolvar has paladin skills in WoW but he is a Warrior!

Those scarlets, sorry that was horrible.

Normal Scarlets: Footmans, Scarlets are mostly warriors with a holy extra so, footmans serve best.

Scarlet Highlord: Uther, Why you think? The scarlet highlord is a paladin(The real Highlord) that is.

Sorry I'll give you a 2.5/5 for the units

Idea:

The idea itself is very nice, I'm looking forward to the end result

4/5 for the idea

Overall

[+]Idea is good
[+]The research is good

[-]The units could be better picked

I give you an overall of 4/5

Level 15
This made me anxious to see the result, in overall it looks really good, the events are also correct and the terraining was awesome.

I give you 4/5 for the research, it could be a bit better but nevertheless correct.

The units used, I say NO, the heroes ofcourse are correct except for Bolvar but the normal units (e.g Scarlets) are disturbing.

Suggestions for better units:

Make Bolver Fordragon: Arthas with Frostmourne(Human Form), Yes Bolvar has paladin skills in WoW but he is a Warrior!

Those scarlets, sorry that was horrible.

Normal Scarlets: Footmans, Scarlets are mostly warriors with a holy extra so, footmans serve best.

Scarlet Highlord: Uther, Why you think? The scarlet highlord is a paladin(The real Highlord) that is.

Sorry I'll give you a 2.5/5 for the units

Idea:

The idea itself is very nice, I'm looking forward to the end result

4/5 for the idea

Overall

[+]Idea is good
[+]The research is good

[-]The units could be better picked

I give you an overall of 4/5

Thank you mate, i appreciate it :)
Yes, you are completely right about the units. This is somewhat a W.I.P, and i currently haven't finished all the units (Hehe, i also think Bolvar as Paladin looks ugly, just didn't bother too much) :D
Yeah the Scarlets... Yes, footmans would fit alot better. I might just change that right away. Didnd't really think about it at first :D

Level 24
Ok well here are a couple of things I noticed when watching the cinematic.

1. When the Orcs appeared at the battle one of them walked right through a tree, you should place pathing blockers at the trees to stop units from doing that.
  2. The battles seemed very slow. And I also found it strange that the humans were attacking one person at a time when fighting the undead. Also sometimes units would just stand there and do nothing when they got attacked (the skeletons), which looks very strange. And sometimes a unit would actually be killed before the other unit attacked (when the abomination was killing units).
  3. You should make sure that the center of the camera is always focused on the most important part of the scene. For example when there was the Night Elf ship the camera was far to low and the ship was at the top of the screen. You should try and move the camera so that the ship is in the middle of the screen.
  4. Also change the name to something else. You left the map name as The Ultimate Terraining Map, so I had to open the map up in the editor to see what it was called before I could watch it. Also change the map description, author and all the other stuff you need to in Map Properties.
  5. Some custom music would of helped the mood of the cinematic a lot, especially at the start with the Night Elves.
Thats all I can think off for now, i'll post later if I can think of anything else that needs work.

Level 15
Ok well here are a couple of things I noticed when watching the cinematic.

1. When the Orcs appeared at the battle one of them walked right through a tree, you should place pathing blockers at the trees to stop units from doing that.
  2. The battles seemed very slow. And I also found it strange that the humans were attacking one person at a time when fighting the undead. Also sometimes units would just stand there and do nothing when they got attacked (the skeletons), which looks very strange. And sometimes a unit would actually be killed before the other unit attacked (when the abomination was killing units).
  3. You should make sure that the center of the camera is always focused on the most important part of the scene. For example when there was the Night Elf ship the camera was far to low and the ship was at the top of the screen. You should try and move the camera so that the ship is in the middle of the screen.
  4. Also change the name to something else. You left the map name as The Ultimate Terraining Map, so I had to open the map up in the editor to see what it was called before I could watch it. Also change the map description, author and all the other stuff you need to in Map Properties.
  5. Some custom music would of helped the mood of the cinematic a lot, especially at the start with the Night Elves.
Thats all I can think off for now, i'll post later if I can think of anything else that needs work.

Hey :) Thanks for advices, I will do my best to improve ;)

EDIT: Updated map. Added some new models, changed some dialogues and names of units, improved cameras and added some actions.

Level 12
First I want to say that your map is bugged. It starts in the battle between undeads and humans.

Initialization trigger-action Run scene6 (instead of run text1 as it should be)

I found that some screenshots werent in the cin so I knew something was wrong.

But to the cinematic itself, the end of the world was visible, during that ship scene and during the battle scene also.

Terrain was ok except that one thing, and biggest problem is movement of cameras, they didnt followed the line. Something was happening and suddenly something else happened, but camera stayed unchanged. camera was not dynamic, thats the weak point.

Level 15
First I want to say that your map is bugged. It starts in the battle between undeads and humans.

Initialization trigger-action Run scene6 (instead of run text1 as it should be)

I found that some screenshots werent in the cin so I knew something was wrong.

But to the cinematic itself, the end of the world was visible, during that ship scene and during the battle scene also.

Terrain was ok except that one thing, and biggest problem is movement of cameras, they didnt followed the line. Something was happening and suddenly something else happened, but camera stayed unchanged. camera was not dynamic, thats the weak point.

Thanks for noticing lol...
Well seems like this is the wrong version, so lot of work was lost, but i have a backup version not too old. Will update first post.
EDIT: updated

Level 1
>An introduction to the cinematic story on the loading screen helps.
>There was only one small line appearing on the screen but the time was long compared to length of the message a little.
>The movement of units can use improvements. The 2 sentries are moving in random manner behind the Priestess.
>No discussion took place between sylvanas & the king but they just declared the alliance?
>Grammar & spelling mistakes.
>Was that really a fight? They were attacking in turns. One human attack, One undead attack, One Human attack, One undead attack & so on. It was too weird to be frank.
>The credit cinematic was bad. They were attacking in turns & when being attacked were just not moving at all. Need better use of animations.

This is a good cinematic but can be still improved. 3/5

Level 15
Hi! :D
Thanks for comments ;)
I don't want to excuse myself to every single point you have said, but well most of them is me being lazy or just haven't had time.
I am not, NOT, trying to create a very good cinematic, but more like a trailer, to show what the project will be about.

I am currently working on a demo map for the campaign to release. I will post the whole project, the story reqruitment etc etc in the Map Development in a while. One of the persons i will be looking for is a Cinematic-er :D

Cheers! :grin:

Level 31
I am not, NOT, trying to create a very good cinematic, but more like a trailer, to show what the project will be about

If your trailer ain't that good, it would give a bad concept to people. They might think "omg, this trailer sucks; so the campaign must be sucks as well".

My rating was 2/5 (Lacking).

The battle scene was way too abnormal, they have the waiting syndrome which it was something that should not exist at all. If you are making a battle scene, never ever use Wait action as they are inaccurate.

The credit scene was boring as well, they just hack and slash most of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.