• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Solved] Tower to Self Cast a buff spell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I'm trying to replicate the dance with your tower mechanic found in Pixel Junk: Monsters.

I have a modified Brilliance aura that has a very small radius so that you have to be in close proximity to your tower and I have a tower that is supposed to start with 0 mana and slowly build up to max.

Once it maxes out it will have enough mana to cast a modified "Inner Fire" spell that has already been added to the tower and set to autocast. Once it casts the spell it triggers a swap which replaces it with a "leveled up" tower. Exactly like in PJ: Monsters.

My issue is that no matter what I try the tower does not auto cast the spell on itself. I even tried giving it a huge radius so it would cast on others.

I've also modified a priest and gave him the same inner fire spell and nothing happens. I've looked everywhere and all I've found are people saying just to set it to autocast (which it doesn't do) or do triggers to cast chain lightning on enemy targets when attacking.

I just need the tower to autocast the 'upgrade trigger' spell on itself when it reaches max mana.

Does anyone have a solution to this issue?

Level 20
The ability "Targets Allowed" has "Self" and "Buildings"? The Tower Unit in "Combat - Targeted as" has "Building"?

BTW, you don't need to reduce the aura of the tower, you just have to check the aura targets allowed to "Self".

Level 2
I have set up a test map for you, try to see if it fits your request.

Absolutely STELLAR. That is literally EXACTLY what I needed. Now its time to pick through it with a fine toothed comb and apply it to my map.

Thank you so much. You delivered like 900% of what I was expecting from this thread.

Thank you x 1000000

Added:

Now. From what I can see, if I make this trigger for the +1 tower to make it upgrade to +2. I dont need to do anything but change the values in the copy to be a step up, is that correct? (as I look at it, I think I need to duplicate ALL of the variables to have different names per set of levels.)

Added +2:

Holy crap. you inadvertently solved my second most difficult problem. how to give a unit +1 mana for every kill they make. I only saw percentages and could not wrap my head around setting percentage gains that would only = 1 unit of mana. So simple and amazing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.