• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Tower attack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
How to make computers units attack tower, when I try to do so they go to the tower, but when they see my units they ignore trigger and start to attack them.

I remember in campaign maps units can attack tower and you can’t disturb them.

Level 6
You have to use this trigger: (If you haven't already)

• Unit - Order These Units to Attack The Tower
Usually they should attack the tower until its dead.
They should just attack something else if you make them attack/walk an point.
If this doesn't work, you could repeat the trigger like this:

• Time - Every 0.50 seconds of game time

Level 1
It works with time trigger, but is it possible to make a trigger, that will order a group of units to attack random targets in a region including buildings(tower).

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Neutral Hostile and other Neutral slots have problems acquiring buildings if I recall. This is to stop creeps in melee from being dragged to nearby bases (within the guard hook range) and used as an unfair weapon to attack a player.

Try making the unit owner a player in the range of Player(0-11). Also make sure the units can attack the buildings in the first place (check when human controlled).

Level 6
It works with time trigger, but is it possible to make a trigger, that will order a group of units to attack random targets in a region including buildings(tower).

• Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in "wherever the units are standing") and do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
      • Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Attack/Move to (Center of "The place where all the Units/buildings are in")
The units will attack everything on their way. It gets more complicated if you have a huge base. The "Center" thing is not a good option anymore then. You'll have to move them 2 or 3 times around after some buildings died or something like that.
Btw. I'm not quite sure if its "Attack/Move" 100 percent, my editor is german and I just translated it. But I guess it will be something close to that.

Level 6
Still dont help.

Could you specify the problem again?
Only catapults attack buildings at all? And the other units run past them? Because that would be pretty weird.

Ultra_Mage said:

Here you asked to attack every unit INCLUDING buildings.
If you want to make the unit group we picked to just attack the building, you'd had to put the trigger I've first told you, into the unit group.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
It might also be the acquisition AI sees the buildings as low priority. By default siege (catapults) deals bonus to fortified (most buildings) so it makes sense for them to attack buildings as that way they deal the most DPS. Other units generally deal reduced damage to fortified, hence it makes sense they attack normal units (which they deal more damage to) before buildings.

Status
Not open for further replies.