• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tooltip Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
The tooltips I have made for a few skills are showing incorrect information in the game. I even went back and re-wrote every level tooltip for the skills myself, and they are still displaying the wrong data.

On holy light, the WE says "level 1: Heals for 200 HP" in game it displays nothing.

On Defend the WE says: "Reduces damage by 10% and slows move speed by 10%" in the game it says "reduces damage by 55% and slows move speed by 45%"

It seems the game is ignoring whatever tooltip I put in, and making their own, but it is only for some skills. It is displaying the "Holy Light - [Level 1] and such, just not the normal extended tooltip.

Also, so I dont have to post another stupid question, the skill "Defend" do the values on it only affect pierce damage? or is pierce the only deflected damage? (Other than magic)

Level 6
The tooltips I have made for a few skills are showing incorrect information in the game. I even went back and re-wrote every level tooltip for the skills myself, and they are still displaying the wrong data.

On holy light, the WE says "level 1: Heals for 200 HP" in game it displays nothing.

On Defend the WE says: "Reduces damage by 10% and slows move speed by 10%" in the game it says "reduces damage by 55% and slows move speed by 45%"

It seems the game is ignoring whatever tooltip I put in, and making their own, but it is only for some skills. It is displaying the "Holy Light - [Level 1] and such, just not the normal extended tooltip.

Also, so I dont have to post another stupid question, the skill "Defend" do the values on it only affect pierce damage? or is pierce the only deflected damage? (Other than magic)

Are you sure you're not modifying the learn tool tip or similar? Double check and print screen otherwise.

Defend should block all physical damage.

Level 7
Alright, i just checked, like 4 more times, and figures it out, kinda...

either my widgetizer or map protector is causing this. When i load from WE everything is fine, if i widgetize and protect (the same way I have hundreds of times) the tooltips get screwed up. For holy light it doesnt display for level 1-8, but then does on 9+... Defend is always displaying the wrong data though. In WE mode, defend shows the right numbers.

Is it possible for a widgetizer to change the data?! if i have the regular defend ability (unused) and a custom defend ability? I've never had this problem before though... hmm...

EDIT: after messing around and turning a lot of my widgetizing options off, I got it to work. Strange that it only screwed up 2/80 skills though... If anyone knows enough about the widgetizer to know what would cause it to dislike a skill, i am interested to know what I could do to fix it, but I guess my problem is solved for now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.