• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Too high poly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! I've just made myself a claw model and skin, nooby both off them, first model... Made them in 3D Studio Max 9. I export them to a .3ds file. Open "Lithunwrap" and make the basics of the skin... Saves the model as a new .3ds. Opens "3ds/objtomdx" program, try to convert, (and write in the Texture path...) But, it just exits the program, no error message or anything, and no .mdx file...
Ialso tryed with a script to export from 3D Studio Max 9, but only get the message;
"Max scriptrollout handler Exception"
-- Runtime error: Index should be less than NumNoteTracks, got: 1

I think maybyit is to good graphic, have made pretty many vertex's and stuff...
If anyone knows what exactly is wrong, please reply, I wanna compete in the Model competition...

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

You would be disqualified from the contest with that kind of polycount.

The whole Tauren Chieftain mode has about 1200 polies, let that help you understand.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Please edit next time.

And I assume the polycount isn't any part of the problem.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Well this is probably spamm since this might not be how to solve your troubles but. . .
You have to make atleast 1 bone inorder for wc3 to use the model but the script should automaticly use do that since the Gmax script does that and Gmax is even less supported than max studio.

Also make sure all your model is a editable poly mesh since that is also required inorder to export using some scripts.

Well thats all I can think of. . .

Well this is probably spamm since this might not be how to solve your troubles but. . .
You have to make atleast 1 bone inorder for wc3 to use the model but the script should automaticly use do that since the Gmax script does that and Gmax is even less supported than max studio.

Also make sure all your model is a editable poly mesh since that is also required inorder to export using some scripts.

Well thats all I can think of. . .

So, ur saying that it has to be an editable poly, or an editable mesh?

Status
Not open for further replies.