• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tome of Mana?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi there,

i have been searching the forums a lot for this, and i also have been trying out stuff for ever. But without results.

All i want is to add simple tomes of mana to my map which works exactly as tome of health, but instead it should gain my heroes max mana instead of max health.

Is there any simple way to make this work. With just object editor or a certain trigger?

I am just using the standard world editor by the way.

Any help is much appreciated.. Thanks! :thumbs_up:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
If there is a base ability for the tome it is possible. Otherwise it is not unless you use triggers.

Using triggers you can do one of the following.
1. Make multiple max mana abilities and add them in combination for a new increased max mana.
2. Abuse a level rollback bug with the maxmana ability to increase maximum mana.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Vladadamm, no you can not. Although you can generate code that sounds like it should do that, the code just does nothing.

Maximum life and mana is a unit property yes. It however is not one you can adjust using the set unit property related native. That native will only alter the units current mana and life.

You can however get a unit's maximum mana and life via the get property native but that does not help the topic creator at all.

Level 2
@Vladadamm

Yea, that was one of many things ive tried. But it didnt work, as all it did was just add mana to my current pool and not increasing its maximum value.
Thanks anyways tho!

@Axarion

Thanks for those links. Seems rather a bit complicated tho, but i will look into it and maybe ill manage to work it out.

@DR Super Good

Thanks for the replies. Appreciated :wink:

Should anybody still come up with an easy way to do this. Please let me know!

Status
Not open for further replies.