• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tome of Mana?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 34
I'll check..
Give me a minute or two.

Edit: Ok I looked through the items and such but there's no thing such as ''Item Permanent Mana Gain'', only ''Life Gain.''

Guess you have to set up some triggers then.

Level 9
I can't add int, because int also increases other stats. If I want to give the hero like 200 mana, I'd have to give it like 20 Intelligence, but at the same time it would give it 20 attack which is rigged.
Use an item ability that increase the map. Add more levels to it, and make each levels increase the mane.

Add the ability to the unit and remeber to set the levels to the wished one.

This sounds liek it works but could you go into detail, I don't really understand what you are saying.

EDIT: Since the item is a tome, would it be possible to do something like this:

EVENT - Unit buy Tome
ACTION - Give 'Increased Mana' ability to Unit

My question is, would the Increased Mana ability show on the unit, and is it stackable?

Level 2
Huurka can help u I think, hes like the best WE editor on earth. Isn't that right Huurka??

Level 9
It's not working I'm afraid.

Unit - A unit Acquires an item
(Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Tome of the Attacker
Unit - Add Item Mana Bonus (25) to (Hero manipulating item)

I tried seeting the Item Mana Bonus to both an Item and Unit ability.

EDIT: It works, but doesn't stack.

Level 17
Huurka can help u I think, hes like the best WE editor on earth. Isn't that right Huurka??
Damn right.

Wouldn't be possible to have an integer?

If you get that item you get ManaBonus [player num (owner of (hero manipulating item))] + 1

then do add mana ManaBonus [player num (owner of (hero maniupulating item))]

or something, would be lots of easier if I had world editor.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
I believe Earth-Furry made a JASS system that enabled you to increase / decrease maximum mana via the use of JASS triggers. Although it did not do it properly (it used abilities as that seems the only real way) it seemed to work very well and would probably be prefect for a situation just like this.

Be warned that like most recomended ideas it does have a capped limate to howmuch it can increase it to.

Level 20
Pendant of Energy gives you pernament mana bonus. So if you modify it to normal ability and make it to have levels and then give it to a every hero and every time when a hero buys that tome thing its abilitys lvl is increased by one. :/

Level 17
I believe Earth-Furry made a JASS system that enabled you to increase / decrease maximum mana via the use of JASS triggers. Although it did not do it properly (it used abilities as that seems the only real way) it seemed to work very well and would probably be prefect for a situation just like this.

Be warned that like most recomended ideas it does have a capped limate to howmuch it can increase it to.
It was actually Blade.dk. His system is called SetUnitMaxState System. It has a default limit of 9999, but with a minor adjustment (takes like 10 seconds) you can make it so it won't have limits.

Don't bother with figuring out systems. They are all going to be inferior and ineffective compared to this. There is no easy way to adjust max mana. You have to abuse an item ability bug what SetUnitMaxState does. Google it up.

By the way. Using and implementing the system requires 0 JASS knowledge.

Last edited:
Level 2
-.- I wasted 3 hours to figger out that you cant make a Manual of Mana in WE =(

I tried:
Triggers
Abilities
Items

but you cant rise a Heros mana pool with a Tome, sry

Level 17
Sorry, but you are all wrong.
Now, if you would have taken the time and effort to read the #17 post which I put time and effort into writing you wouldn't need to waste another 3 hours to figure out you can't do this in WE.

So you are going to create an ability with 9999 levels?
That's not a sane option.

Last edited:
Level 14
Pendant of Energy gives you pernament mana bonus. So if you modify it to normal ability and make it to have levels and then give it to a every hero and every time when a hero buys that tome thing its abilitys lvl is increased by one. :/

No. It doesn't. Unless Blizzard has changed something, only the level one data for most item abilities, includiong the pendant of energy one, works.

So the best option is the functions for setting mana. Use EF's implementation of SetUnitMaxState, based off of the work of Blade.dk but implemented fully for JNGP (get it if you don't have it, but if you have patch 1.22 for the moment you'll need to use the 1.21 WE .exe).

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65622

Oh, and I'm pretty sure it has no limits at all (whereas BonusMod does).

Status
Not open for further replies.