• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Trigger] To anyone who has done the "Transitions Among Campaign Maps" tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
This one: http://hiveworkshop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6283

I followed this tutorial to the letter (at least I thought), but the campaign is not working when I test it. My hero will enter the "To Map X" region, the game will freeze for about four seconds, then my the hero will disappear, leaving me behind in the game on the same map.

I'm thinking the cache stuff is still happening, but for some reason it won't start the new map. At first I thought it was a problem with the filename. In the second to the last line of the "Go to..." triggers, the tutorial author instructs the game to load "TransTutorialMap2.w3x", but he instructs us to name our map "Map2.w3x". After changing the trigger to load the actual filename, I get the exact same result as before, however.

If anyone has done this successfully and remembers, I would really appreciate any guesses as to where I might have screwed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.