• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Timed Alpha Modifier v1.1

Reactions: steve090
TIMED ALPHA MODIFIER
IMPORT GUIDE :
1. Preferences > Automatic create unknown variables ... (tick)
2. Download the test map (requires 1.31 or Reforged patch)
3. Copy the TimedAlphaModifier folder
4. Paste the TimedAlphaModifier folder to your map
5. Configure the TAM Config trigger
6. Open the testmap > Samples folder inside the test map and see examples of how to use the system
MEDIA SHOWCASE :
CHANGELOG :
Version 1.1: Fixed the colorization turning to 255,255,255 issue. Added an args variable that can be used to pass additional information.
Version 1.0: Base Version

CREDIT :
Cherrymage: Inspires me via his Chronowalk WIP
Contents

TimedAlphaModifier v1.1 (Map)

Reviews
Wrda
Why isn't there deindexing for TAM_I_TargetRedPercent, TAM_I_TargetGreenPercent, TAM_I_TargetBluePercent variables? I think you could expand this sightly, so that you could have transitioning colour, besides the transparency. You could also add a...

Wrda

Spell Reviewer
Level 26
Why isn't there deindexing for TAM_I_TargetRedPercent, TAM_I_TargetGreenPercent, TAM_I_TargetBluePercent variables?
I think you could expand this sightly, so that you could have transitioning colour, besides the transparency. You could also add a small description here just for the people to get the gist of it.
At the top of my head I can't think that many scenarios that this would be usable, but it's still useful for certain effects.

Approved

Why isn't there deindexing for TAM_I_TargetRedPercent, TAM_I_TargetGreenPercent, TAM_I_TargetBluePercent variables?
I think you could expand this sightly, so that you could have transitioning colour, besides the transparency. You could also add a small description here just for the people to get the gist of it.
At the top of my head I can't think that many scenarios that this would be usable, but it's still useful for certain effects.

Approved
Ah, I missed those? I do have colors in mind but I want to make sure I understand how vertex modification works entirely before diving that deep. It is created with transparency in mind.

Speaking of modification, I found out that Shadowmeld can mess with this system when making another spell. Oh just wonderful.

I suggest that instead of using the GUI Pause function, you should use the BlzPauseUnitEx native (call BlzPauseUnitEx), because BlzPauseUnitEx has a counter and GUI Pause does not.
It is not part of the main code, only examples to showcase the usage