• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Tile set edit and map size question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
hi, following questions: yesterday i tried to change the tile set im using(lordaron summer) by removing one of the grass tiles and adding an ice tile set of northred to it.
sadly, that caused the WE to crash. (somehing about a critical error, afaik WE didnt tell me a reason). Did anyone have such a problem as well? and mybe knows a solution to it?

Second Question^^: i started my map with a size of 128 x 128, but now the playable size is 128 x 127 ;/ and if i try to increase the height, than i goes to 128 x 130 , which is not dividable by 32 ;/
so there is one dark stripe remaining which makes my map a little bit asymmetric ;/
^^ can someone help me plz :)?

thank you very much for every answer :)

Level 9
Hmm for the first one.. did you use a tile that you already used in the terrain? normally this shouldnt be a problem but you never now, plus changing cliff tiles can cause some major trouble like crashing.

for the second one.. maybe remove or increae boundaries with the terrain tool would do

Level 34
Yeah you probably added some boundary with the boundary tool. Use the increase boundary tool to add more.

Level 3
thank you for your answers :)
well i "solved" the first problem, i think the WE has problems if you dont add the new tiles to the right ^^ i put the new tile somewhere on the left and then it crashed, but the other times i added it to the right and it worked,

the second one: i thought that too, but it seems as if it isnt a selfmade boundary, i tried the terrain tool but it didnt work ;(

edit: OK lol this IS akward. i tried the "remove boundaries" thing of the terrain editor on a selfmade boundary and now i couldnt remove every part of the self made boundary(i made a test one) OO lol? that is strange.... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.