• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tiger_ByEpsilon

yes, i know there is a tiger model in hive.. but this one uses in-game textures..

Keywords:
tiger, beast, animal, lion, epsilon
Contents

Tiger_ByEpsilon (Model)

Reviews
Frankster : Very nice idea and good execution. Very good wrapping adaptation. Works in-game and performs well. Approved. Nice job!

M

Moderation: 21:04, 23rd October 2011
Frankster :
Very nice idea and good execution. Very good wrapping adaptation.
Works in-game and performs well.
Approved. Nice job!

something like saber-toothed tiger

They looked absolutely nothing like a sabertooth, but whatever.

A sabertooth tiger has a very thick coat (no shit, it's for living in snow), is not expected to have had orange and black stripes (an orange-and-black-striped tiger would look a bit weird living an an environment full of only ice), and, as the name suggests, has very long teeth, like a sabre.

And, even if this were a sabertooth tiger, a sabertooth tiger is still a tiger, therefor fitting the name.

However, this looks more like your typical modern orange-and-white tiger, as it is intended.

By the way, epsilon, if you could get some white fur into this, it would be more convincing. Many people forget all about the fact that the most impressive tigers actually do have some white fur on parts of their face and areas such as their underbelly and inner parts of their legs.

I could do that, but i'm trying not to use custom textures to save filesize.... a creep/critter doesn't deserve more than 100Kb in a map..

You could just wrap some white fur from another in-game texture. Who says you have to use the same texture for the whole model?
Wrapping white texture would make this go from great to awesome.
Also, Dan's model and wrap is great, but the fur in his texture doesn't look like fur Y-Y