• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

THIS WEEK: Diablo III Closed Beta Launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
Recently the guys over at Force Strategy Gaming posted a YouTube video disucssing a few topics including the Diablo III Closed Beta set to launch this week (midweek Tuesday or Wedensday, although Friday is possible as well)! So if you opt'ed-in to the BETA you may see an invitation from Blizzard to try out the game (meaning up to the Skeleton King) in the VERY near future! :goblin_jawdrop:

Level 19
Heh, I can't wait for it, looks so awesome even in the trailer and the description over at Blizzard's.
They done a good job with this one:)

Level 19
That's great news to hear, considering Blizzard looks like they've begun to make their games look even much better than before.

Level 19
It's so nice, my friend was playing it and he wasn't a fan of any Diablo game (He's more of a hater), but after he tried his brother's beta he was rather amazed at its improvements, heh.
I'd say this was a success even in Beta phase:)

Level 22
After SC1 and before War3 the years 2000-2002 for me were Diablo 2 LoD time. So I can call myself a Diablo veteran too, as I've completed Diablo 1 as well, Diablo 2 Hell difficulty with Druid level 80. However, Im not dying to play D3, I would rather go for SC2 expansions. I tried the beta from a friend, I applied for Beta and now I was testing the unoriginal while waiting for a key. In SC2 I took part in contests cause I wanted to start playing it early but here it is of no significance to me.

Some impressions: I dont like the pics of the heroes on the Inventory. That Asian female wizard, and the make one are maybe the coolest looking, though the monk look good too but the female wizard picture on the Inventory looks bad.

I like the new mana sphere, the graphics rule ofc, the creatures look good, I saw one obviously lookine like the war3 Abomination.

I wish there was not random elements involved in getting picked... The SC2 beta was great as we got some keys to give to staff / diserving people but it seems they are not so liberal with the D3 beta.

Not true, there are forum contests and I think the fan program by Blizzard to give keys to winners of various forum contests that are affilitated with that program (that's how I won my sc2 beta key and SC2 copy - from contests), is still active and valid for Diablo 3. You just have to google any contests but forums would rather give to their staff first so im glad I can beat that. For D3 I dont care much and I dont follow the contests

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
I wonder if Ralle even asked for any keys? We might not be a Diablo III site directly and be further away from such a community than we were from SC2, but we are still a fan site. Blizzard has quite loosly been giving keys away to sites (some of them have even got into trouble for selling the keys) so I think it would be worth a try.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.