• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Third person view?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Hi, was experimenting with basic third person view controls for my upcoming RPG. Was wondering if there was a proper system in place to automatically adjust for height the unit is. Currently it gets wierd when my unit climbs up a hill or goes into a ravine. Little help please?

My current triggers are

Camera 1
Events
Time - Elapsed game time is 0.10 seconds
Conditions
Actions
Camera - Lock camera target for Player 2 (Blue) to Sniper 0012 <gen>, offset by (0.00, 0.00) using Default rotation
Camera 2
Events
Time - Every 0.01 seconds of game time
Conditions
Actions
Camera - Set Player 2 (Blue)'s camera Distance to target to 700.00 over 0.01 seconds
Camera - Set Player 2 (Blue)'s camera Angle of attack to 340.00 over 0.01 seconds
Camera - Set Player 2 (Blue)'s camera Height Offset to (Current flying height of Sniper 0012 <gen>) over 0.01 seconds
Camera - Set Player 2 (Blue)'s camera Rotation to (Facing of Sniper 0012 <gen>) over 0.01 seconds

And the problem:

problem1q.jpg

problem2s.jpg

problem3.jpg

Also, how do i set far clipping? Or does it follow standard field of view?

Last edited:
Level 11
You need to change the angle depending on the height of the field, but you can always try already made systems, like this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.