• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Thinking of starting a comic, and I desparately need a female gnome model...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I'm considering starting a comic using Warcraft three models, by taking pictures of characters in WC3 model viewer and editing them onto custom maps in an image editing program, in several poses derived from their variations to make it appear as if they're walking, sitting, etcetera. Dialog will be done like it is in the game, with an edited verson of the normal frame along the bottom of the panel, and a character's portrait talking, but whenever possible I'll be using an image of that character remade in warcraft model viewer in place of a portrait, as seen here:
http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/3416/taurcomparisonkq6.png

I have searched high and low but have been unable to find a female gnome caster model, or a female gnome of any kind for that matter. I'd greatly appreciate one. Please use this for reference:
http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/9702/gnomiewv8.png

Just some pics I threw together in model viewer, if possible I'd like the caster to look like her. Please don't include the staff, though.

The model's functionality in WCIII Doesn't really matter to me, what's more important is that it has a wide array of fluid animations and a good texture, and that it works with WCIII Model Viewer.

Thank you SO much in advance. :3

Last edited:
Level 12
Hmph... This sounds like an okay and reasonable request. Aaaand I see you use some WoW pics here. No doubt taken with the WoW Model Viewer, using the... Character creation?

Anyways. If it runs in wc3, it runs in the viewer. Nothing runs only in the viewer. Well, the flat .BLPs do, but that's another matter.

Level 1
Hmph... This sounds like an okay and reasonable request. Aaaand I see you use some WoW pics here. No doubt taken with the WoW Model Viewer, using the... Character creation?

Anyways. If it runs in wc3, it runs in the viewer. Nothing runs only in the viewer. Well, the flat .BLPs do, but that's another matter.
I can't get my model viewer to display some of the models with custom skins... only some. I don't know why exactly...

Why not just export WoW models and use those in place then? Guaranteed good skins and animations, and you don't have to worry about the size, because ur not playin with them.
Well, I considered it, but she'd look incredibly out of place because what I have already is done in Warcraft III. Also, some of the panels will be close-ups so she'll stick out alot... If need be I will do this though...

Actually, is there any way someone could make her in model viewer, export the model, and lower its polygon count by alot? o-o I'm sorry if this sounds stupid... I've got a vague understanding of how the files work together and such but I'm pretty clueless as to the actual way they're made and edited... But I'm willing to learn if anyone's willing to teach.

Edit: Scratch what I said about textures for certain custom models not showing, I just found out how to remap the textures... Which helps alot :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.