• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The World of Chaos RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
The World of Chaos SPRPG

Hi, I am Chiller and i am looking for people to join me in making a great SPRPG. Check out the main features, comment and if you got any questions, feel free to ask me.

Main Features

1. Reputation
Based on the choices you make turning the gameplay you will recive negative or positive reputation with certain groups. That reputation is later used for the game to decide which events will happen, what bosses are encountered, what quests become available and also what spell choices you recive.
Reputation affects diffrent people diffrently. If you want to play as a caster, you need to have reputation with certain groups because most magic is granted by the gods.

Example: Choosing to help demonic forces can at times have great rewards, such as gold or the ability to command a demon. After siding with the demons for a while though, you will become hunted by factions which are their enemies.

You will be able to make choices in the game, such as, instead of just going to an NPC and clicking "Accept Quest: Kill Monster X", you enter a conversation with them where your choices can heavily impact the outcome.
Choices don't only mean picking what you say, but also commiting certain actions.

Example of conversation choices:
Chat between an orc commander and a player
Orc Commander: What do you want you pathedic wretch?!

Player choices:
1. Umm, nothing, sir, i will move along now.
2. Shut up maggot, i eat little s***s like you for Breakfast!
3. I was just wondering if you got any work.

Orc Commander Responses:
Response to 1: You do that maggot!
Response to 2: AAARGH! IL SHOW YOU WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU INSULT AN ORC COMMANDER! (attacks the players,doesn't kill, knocks uncouncious, players loose reputation with the camp they are in)
Reponse to 3: Heh, why not! Here, take this knife, go out to the wilderness and kill some black bears, cut out a dozen flanks of their fat and bring it to me!(gives the players a quest)

Example 2: Action choices:
1.You are a soldier in the army and are told to go to location X
2.Instead of going to location X, you go to location Z.
3.You later go to location X(where you were told to go straight away)
4.You face consequenses based on: How many quests you did in location Z, how many important mobs you killed. Consequenses can be things like getting fined for gold, being forced into a quest(which you can Still choose to turn Down for Further consequenses) or being branded a deserter, heavily impacting future gameplay.

The things that seem small can later mean alot.

Many physical actions will cost stamina. Stamina costs are based on your skills and attributes.

Once the combat system is finished, information about it will be added here.

Items
The item system will be similar to Gaias Retaliation ORPG, the players will have the items they wear/use appear on their models instead of simply having them in the inventory. What will be diffrent though is that i want to make it so the player can have more choices between equipment and also, make equipment have stat requirments.

Stat requirements dont necceseraly mean you Can't wear a heavy armor while playing a mage, that only happens in a few cases. Usually you simply suffer penalties if you dont meet the requirements.
For example: Using a warhammer as a character who specializes in agility will cause you to eat up all your stamina with 1 hit.

Attributes

Attributes won't only affect your combat capabilities, they also affect how you act outside of combat. A frail mage won't be able to threaten a huge troll to let him pass.

I want to make a world dark, crewl and unforgiving. But not too much so. All is good, but only in moderation. I want to make it like games called Gothic 1 and Gothic 2, if you have played them, you know that(if you play them without cheats that is..) they have a quite unique atmosphere.

Information will be added here after combat system if finished.

In the beggining, there was all. Yet there was nothing.
There was no Good, no Evil, there was only air,water,fire and stone. They were everywhere and nowhere, since there was not a place that could be called "somewhere", it was everywhere, because that place was all there was. Yet that
was not a place, for it knew no boundaries, yet somewhere it ended. Where? Nowhere.
The four elements, since the beggining, were simply there, doing nothing. Time passed, but noone felt it pass, as there was nothing that changed and noone to feel it. But then, 1 element joined another, for no reason, it just happened. Then, the universe started to move, elements moved around and when they touched eachother, something new was formed.

When Fire touched Water, great clouds were created. When Water touched Stone, continents were shapped and seas layed between them.
When Rock touched the Wind, great mountain peaks were formed.
The clouds touched the seas, the seas touched the mountains.

In reality, there was,however, only 4 things: Air, Water, Fire, Stone, everything else was simply combined by them.

Then, Life was created.
The first thing alive was a being combined of all the elements. He did nothing, he simply was.
The only thing living about him was that he felt the surroundings.
In time, things changed, more and more things were formed from the elements. He sensed the change.

But feeling is also doing something. It requires energy. He began to lose what made him feel, little by little.
He did not wish to change, he wished nothing, he simply was. The surroundings forced him to do something, he had no will,no mind.
He knew nothing, all he did was sense all around him. All he did was sense All there is.

As he watched the elements change, his energy, the thing that made him able to sense slowly but steadily faded away and turned into a diffrent kind of energy, which could not be used to sense.

He did not wish to stop watching, because he wished nothing.

From that the first need was born. The Need to Live. There was no reason to live for him. But there was no reason to die.
He did not want change, but he changed, it was not up to him.

He began to combine the elements himself, trying to get his energy back. He offcourse did not know it, for it knew nothing,it only felt, but the first Wish was born, the wish to obtain something.

He combined all there is. Each time he combined something that had energy, he took it and combined the energy with himself. He became diffrent, he changed.

Because he knew nothing, (he did not have any reason and no mind, no memory, only feelings) he once couldn't find any energy.
As the energy he used for feelings started running out the first thought was born and with the thought he gained a mind.
He thought to himself "Why?"
He did not know the answer.
He then started to combine everything he saw, because he wished for an answer. He thought that he could find the answer by combining all there is to combine.
He created a plain. On the plain he put all the things he created, so he could find them later.

He created the sun, the moon, the mountains,the seas.
And then. He created Life.

As a Second Being came to walk the universe, that being, just as the first living being started to carve for energy to live with.

The First Being felt The Second Being.

The Second Being, just as the First, thought to himself "Why?"
He knew his answer. His answer was the First Being.

He wanted to devour the First Being to take life energy for himself. The First Being became confused, he did not know that other living beings can be diffrent from himself. To him, there was only 1 life and that was him.

The First Being's wish to remain nothing and his wish to neither live or die, simply remain as he was, forced him to fight against the Second Being, who wished to take his energy.

The two beings had limitless power. Neither backed down. Neither ever won. But both lost energy over time.
Ultimately they both died. They no longer felt. They both had lost their energy.

From that, Good and Evil was born. One wishes to create, the other to destroy. That however was the first and also the final time Pure Good and True Evil ever existed.

The Two Being's bodies fell on eachother. They created,by combining eachother, the First God. Neutral, with no wishes.
He did not require energy, because he himself became a source for energy. A 5th, unnamed element was born.

In time, other gods were born from the bodies of the 2 original beings as diffrent elements clashed with the bodies.

These gods Created and Destroyed, Gave Life and Took It.

In this chaotic world, some of them decided to create other beings.

They gathered all they could who had energy to the world that the First Being had created. There they gave some of their energy to protect the world from all gods so that not even themselves could ever enter it, unless someone inside the world gathered enough energy and opened the barrier that protected them.
That was done to protect the world from the wrath of gods who wished to destroy all there is.
The gods also created images of themselves to live peacefully on earth. They became known as the Primal Races. Lesser races, such as animals and lesser humanoids were created on the world by the elements just as the First Being was created, only these were much less powerful.

Over a hundred years ago, many of the Evil Gods united and converted many mortal servants to their cause, turning them into monstrous beings and forcing them to fight in his unholy name. All living races stood together as one, for the first and last time in history against the greatest foe they could ever face. Thanks to the countless sacrifices of men, elves, dwarves, goblins, giants aswell as many Lesser Races, the "Demons" as the soldiers of the Second Being came to be called, were pushed back and defeated. The Evil Gods were thought to have lost their grasp over the world... or so it was thought. The war against the Evil Gods became known as the Final War because many thought that after this great struggel, war would never sweep across the land Ever again.
More than a hundred years later the God races races have rebuilt. Shining cities rise as bastions of human power. The elves have regrown their forests, dwarves have returned to the mountain forges. The Orcs and Goblins have returned to tribal life, living in clans and fighting for dominance. The giants have fallen into an endless slumber, never wanting to awaken again because of the blood of their evil kins they shed turning the Final War.
In the present day, a new king has claimed the throne of the Imperial Human Empire. In the first years of his reign, reports came in about the orcs pillaging villages and leaving nothing but blood and burnt homes behind. Instead of trying to negotiate with the orcish high shamans(the leaders of the orcs), the king ordered every man capable of carrying a sword to report to the Imperial Army. War had come to the world yet again.
In the village of Mountainrig, you must set out together with your allies and respond to the call of the king. Prepare now, as tommarow, hell awaits you.

These are the current available positions:

Project Leader: Chiller
Terrainer: Update 1 - Alpha version terrain has been done by me. However if anyone is interested, feel free to PM me.
Spell and system maker position : Devilzlordz
Story and quests: Me until the alpha version release.
Items, units: Will also be handeled by me atleast until the alpha version of the map has been released.

If you would like to join, just send me a PM.

Any comments and suggestions are welcome. If you think that you still don't get what the map will be about, leave a comment and i will add the things that you would like to know about.

-- Update 1 -- Finished terrain for the alpha version. Currently expanding my knowledge on both GUI and JASS, then starting work on systems.

-- Update 2 -- Well.. Quite a bit of the info is outdated since alot of it has been changed.. I'm too lazy to update it yet though since there are Alot more complicated features now and updating the thread would take me 1-3 hours. I'll update it and set up a thread in the Map Development main forum after I have finished the alpha version(will be finished early in the summer.

Edit: Now updated for SP.

Last edited:
Level 4
Alright, i might take you up on that offer at some point ^^, but right now i'd just like to finish a part of the game.

Level 4
Bump. Just to let you know that this aint dead.
Also, alpha terrain is done, moving on to systems.
Depending on how much time i have and how fast i can grasp JASS i will have the Alpha version out in 1 - 2 months, faster if i get someone to help me out.

Status
Not open for further replies.