• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Way of the hero (campaing rpg)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
this game is a little bit based on the game fable

where is the game about?. the game is about a hero that begins in a guild and can learn to become a master in his class he needs to choose in the begin you shall see a cinematic with the real soundtrack of (fable the lost chapters for the one who knows what it is) you shall see the guildmaster talking to you and after the cinematic you can start to play in the guild you can teach alot of things and buy som basic equipment (the game propartly gona contain custom weapon models) you can do som basic quests like battle wisper (wisper is a populair character in fable) you can go to the wizard to buy spells (basic spells) you can use your spells in the training area there gona be 8classes to choose frome including: mage bowman warrior roque priest hunter thief warlock. after all the quests and options its time for the final quest called. are you a real hero? you need to battle a hero called brock when you defead hime your hero gets saved and shall be loaded in the next (map/level/area) i hope this is enough information (its not gona look like fable on som escpacts btw) so tell me what you think of it

Level 2
Ugh... That hurt to read, but it wasn't TOO bad. I mean, a fable-based RPG would be pretty good, but nothing you said was you know, really helpful for imagining it. Still, if you were to make it, and made it into something GOOD, it seems like the idea has RPG potential.

Level 12
What are your plans for weapons and Spells?

As a suggestion....

You should include Max 11 weapons
Have a spell book ability that is called "Weapon Mastery"

Inside the Spell Book could be up to 11 Engineering Upgrade spells

THe engineering Upgrade spells Upgrade the Weapon spells to higher so...
-Someone who has a lvl 8 weapon Mastery on the Sword would deal 90 extra damage instead of 8

Um....
When it comes to Weapons Also.....
-Hammer-Extra Damage and Blowback
-Sword-Lots of Extra Damage
-Bow-Extra Damage and Extra Range
-Staff-Extra Damage and Extra Mana
-Claws-Extra Damage and Attack Speed

Like in Fable... THere are no classes...
Your unit can become anything and Everything.... Stick to that.....

ANother Idea is Specific Masteries
-A person can Master a weapon... but to understand how to kill someone in a single blow is completely different...
--Combat Mastery-Your attacks may deal a 1 hit kill and you may be able to block your enemies attacks more often (Drunken Brawler)
--Limit Mastery-Your Spells have less cooldown Then Normal (Engineering Upgrade)
--Expense Mastery-Your Spells Use Less Mana then Normal (Engineering Upgrade)
--Happy Aura-Units Have increased Life Regeneration
--Intimidation Aura-Enemy Units Have Negative Mana Regeneration

Just some thoughts...

Level 12
Use a weaponless Unit...
Use Orc Battle Standard (Item Ability) to add whatever Thing you want to a unit
-CHange the Point of attatchment to Hands

What spells?
-Ghosts and Chain Lightning did you say?

Level 18
no the spells are easy to make but i mean the change the attack type of a hero to ranged and when he has his bow away to mellee is very difficult or i need to make a trigger if unit rqqruir items skorms bow change attack type of unit to ..... if this is possible. the attachment system is easy

Level 12
Theres a couple different ways to do this....
-You brought up an obvious one about using triggs....

You can also do it without....
-Have second Model with attack that is ranged
--You press the Item and it switches you back and forth

You can do this with A root/unroot ability to allow different attacks to be enabled at different times

But! the easiest way to do this is have a Parasite Ability
-An autocast ability that you can give a cooldown to and etc....
--I don't know though... while your cooling down you might continue to move towards your opponent... But then again... the player will have to learn to control his unit.... Or you can give units no aquisition range so if an enemy is hitting him... until you attack the enemy... nothing happens...

Level 9
Can't you at least don't call the organizations "Guilds" like in every RPG game, or call the classes with other names? Personally, I'm fed up of these clichès (uuh! I used this word twice in a day!)
But perhaps it's better with standard names, so people can understand more easily what's happening... Everybody knows what a "rogue" is, but could be difficult to understand what a "swift stabber" exactly does. Expecially for who doesn't speak english (like me)
Anyway, I prefer new names and new ideas... The map is yours... You decide...

Level 18
i gona work on this until its ready the problem is i need very good house models that you can walk into (fable style houses with open doors) currently i cant work on it because of the houses (houses are a very big part in fabloe) because you can steal somone his property or kill somone to buy his house or enything

Status
Not open for further replies.