• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Undead Ravagers

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: Aether
Map Info
● The Necromancer has established a base in the scourged land of western camps where they fight against a small group of dwarves.
● Mini-game (campaign) with 1 simple main quest.
● For 1 player.

Features
● This map offers 1 unique hero, highly defensive enemies, shop...
● Force "Defenders" is not working with AI but with triggers.
● More items, units and doodads.

Some more stuff about map
● Starting with a short cinematic.
● Enemy units stats increased.
● Creep camp

Screenshots and Video
● http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/251865-albums8822.html

Change Log
● Changed cinematic (dialogue).
● Added a name for a hero and a custom ability (Death Grip)
● Added shop.
● Added Props and enviroment.
● Updated terrain.
● Hostile forces updated (increased damage and strenght and more challenging attacks).
● Resources are limited.
● There is no update for custom units until I find the right ones.

Credits
● Map created by IronLeaf

Keywords:
Dwarf, Undead, Necromancer, Quest, Base, Series, Frozen Throne, Hero.
Contents

The Undead Ravagers (Map)

Reviews
17:31, 14th Apr 2016 Ardenian: Improve your map description, please. Tell the users what is going on in your map, what they are going to play, give some basic information. Take a look on other map descriptions, for example. You need...

M

17:31, 14th Apr 2016
Ardenian: Improve your map description, please.
Tell the users what is going on in your map, what they are going to play,
give some basic information.
Take a look on other map descriptions, for example.

You need Breakingmari's permission to edit and use his artwork.

8:38, 16th Apr 2016
Ardenian: Please remove the custom preview picture
or prove that the author gives the permission to use and edit his artworks.

17:31, 14th Apr 2016
Ardenian: You miss credits for the custom icon.

The gameplay is simple, but challenging.
You could offer different difficulties, to give ease to players who would like to play calmer and harder difficulties, with less gold, for example, who enjoy a challenge.
5000 gold seems okay, though you could re-adjust it using difficulties.

Just tested the map, here's my review

1- The cinematic is terrible, the Necromancer's lines are laughable.
2- No custom units (except for The Necromancer hero and he doesn't have a name)
3- No custom abilities (We're in 2016, we all have probably played with the same abilities over and over many times)
4- No custom items
5- No shops, fountains
6- The AI is poorly made, my enemy doesn't attack me, it only sends Mortar Teams to attack my Necropolis and after they die he won't do anything to me.
7- Terrain is nice but mediocre

Here's what you can do
- Improve AI, make it more challenging.
- Name the Necromancer hero and give him custom spells.
- Add custom items, shops, fountains
- Make more custom units

Overall, I'll rate the map 3/5 I'll change my rating when you update/add changes

Level 2
Hi! Thanks a lot for a review it will help me. I know I have lots of things missing in my map, this is the first map which is made on easy difficulty on purpose just because it is, let's say intro to other maps.

I'll update the map, but the problem with the AI is that it has suddenly stopped working and I'm not sure how. Units are attacking by triggers.

Level 5
Improve the description of your map, to attract more users. Use this to add colors, sizes, and so on. This one is so useful, for the new users, like you. Also, if you don't know how to add screenshots, click here.

Gameplay:

The gameplay was fine, but there's a lot of problems.

About the cinematic, the dialogue of each character, the camera angle, but the ending of the cinematic was a little bit fast. Also, the dialogue "I can tell that the Scout Tower were from the defenders" was said twice by the Necromancer.

AI don't do anything, except the waves of Mortar Teams. After the 3 (Or 4?) waves of Mortar Teams, nothing happens. I just train many units, then attack the AI, and win. The AI is important in this map, because the map is somewhat a campaign. So, try improving your AI. Its a huge feature in this map. You can try to read this, to improve your knowledge about AI.

Techtree. Since the undead is just a small group, remove some higher tier units, like the Abomination, Banshee or try creating a custom techtree for the Undead. Some tooltips are not correct. For example, the upgrades in the graveyard. The techtree of the dwarfs is fine. Some units are dwarfs, and some are not, like the Peasant, Footman, etc. Try search for dwarfs models in the model section.

The Death Grip of Franth Horn has weird icon. Try changing it, to a better icon, like for instance, this one. Anyways, Franth Horn has a balance stats, and abilities.

Try changing the "HINT: Your resources are limited!", to "NOTE: Your resources are limit."​

Terrain

The map is kinda small, for a small battle. Try making it a little bit big. The placement of tiles was great. But, you might want to remove some Cobble Path in the base, it makes the base smaller. I can barely see doodads in the path, like flowers, shrubs, etc.​

Verdict

Simple, but fun. I see a potential in your map. Try improving it. I will rate it 1/5, and voting for awaiting update.​