• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The truth beyond Might! V0A08S

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Updates:

v08
shroomman
bugfixed:
del. test-workers (sorry for that stupit bug)

v07
shroomman
bugfixed:
help in quest menue (text was cut off for some reason????)

added:
new monsters
bridge quest

v06
shroomman
bugfixed:
Zentaure Quest gives you reward now
! new pic ! (hope you like this one...)

added:
Admin menue avalible over main menue(ESC) now

v05
shroomman
bugfixed:
Quest bounty system
Wolf in sheepquest can only atack sheep now
die penalty reformed (now you loose 5% from your experiance and 15% Of your experiance in gold)

added:
xtra map area
var. Stuff

v04
shroomman
bugfixed:
Enemy bounty system (and with that wolfskin-quest)
cave quest (part2)
giant quest
Message trigger

changed abbilities:
Hieb (Kämpfer)
Unverwundbarkeit(Kämpfer)
Feuerregen(Magier)
Blizzard(Magier)

added:
Teleporters
Gate

V03 : textfixed (to english) the childlevel
added 4 more Quests

You start as a child, and can choose between 3 Hero Classes, Each Hero Class has a wide varity of abilities to choose from. So you are able to design a Hero that suits the situation. New abilities and upgrades are offered after Level 6 & 10.
Lots of Enemys & varios Quests
There is a Hero Deathmatch mode you can trigger in the main Menu (<ESC>).

Thanks to Elil's help I was able to add a Save-Code.

Please send me your comments about this map it would help me to improve it!

This is a prelease(Beta) so there will be updates! (SAVE-Code only changes if alphabetic character in filename has changed) so you will be able to use your Hero in updated version!
So if you have any new-ideas or bugs to report please give me a message!
This map is not protected, so have a look in the skript.
If you change anything please save under diffrent filename & change version Nr. !!!!!

love & peace

shroomman

Keywords:
RPG, construction kit, Save/load-code, upgrades, deathmatch, unprotected, open source, unprotected, the truth, beyond, Might, Hero select
Contents

The truth beyond Might! V0A08S (Map)

Reviews
17:40, 9th Apr 2009 by bounty hunter2: Must be 100% in English, Rejected.

M

17:40, 9th Apr 2009 by bounty hunter2:
Must be 100% in English, Rejected.

Level 2
To Keiji:
The map is in english!!!!
I spent 3 days translating all the spells!!!!
If you would read the help-quest you would figure out the "Kräutergarten" meaning herb garden, and too the "schafwiese/schafstall" meaning sheepfield/sheepstable. sorry if forgot to change that, hope you still enjoy the map.
I change these things in the next update/bugfix
To Jay-D:
Yes its me, needed a pic to hide the minimap....
...well funniely you can see the map on this site. ;-P
To shaun:
very constructive critic (what do you like to know?)
To IceToad:
nice you like it (any problems understanding gameplay?)

shroomman

Level 2
thanks for the good critics!

Lemme say straight:

[+] Cool "Child" to "Warrior, Mage and whatever the third is". Its okay made.
[+] Cool Pets, could use a few more Pets.
[+] Good Instruction helps alot, with commands!
[+] Good theres both English and German
[+] Cool quests!
[+] Awesome items (just need some more)
[+] Awesome Creatures.

[-] Waaay too hard if your alone.
[-] If you die you pay whole 500 gold.. Do it like 50-lvl1 100-lvl2 and so on.. then it will be easier
[-] Some stuff is either ONLY English or German. You should do like in Shopping Maul where you can choose either German or English.
[-] Theres a Wolf in starter town that is invulnerable, why the heck?
[-] A bit more classes. And it could be mega awesome.
[-] Custom items ! Yeehe.. The Roxxar Seller, only sells non-custom stuff, make him sell custom summon stuff!
[-] I think when you are "Hunter" or whatever its called, when you upgrade your pet, it should be able to get new forms as it levels up... And have some mana at start, and you can choose in the start etween some pets.

Dno if i forgot something.. But if you need help i will always come to a opportunity. I'm not very good at triggers but most other i are..

So i hope this will help you! :spell_breaker:

Yea thanks thats a nice overview!

-1 you are able to change the difficulty in the admin menue (type "-admin" in chat)
-2 yes its expencive to die! thats why you should not die ;-) but could change that...
-3 yes language stuff isn't done yet but thats realy unpleasant work :-/
-4 the wolf is invulnerable, that it can't be killed. (the wolf is just for the sheep game) might be not logic but .....
-5 lol more classes - because of the spell-system (every hero-class has diffrent spells to choose from) its a lot of skripting!!!! (but thats what all people say: more heros) so if I'm board I'll add more classes!
-6 can't get this one.... whats wrong? that you can only use item once??
-7 yes have that in mind... but adding that later (if added I have to change save-code)

Yes you could help!
If you like you could do some skripting (lol)
hehe better you make some Items or enemys you think might be helpfull just have a look in the map with the map editor (the map isn't protected) You even could make up a new hero-class (but don't forget to meke up some spells for the hero too! ( I could do the skripting afterwards)
I would love to add them

Still working on the next update (bugfixes and bonus land)
so come back here for updates!!!

yours shroomman

Level 14

The Review

- This map is an alright RPG. It has a lot of quests, most of them influenced by WoW it seems(Gather 10 wolf skins, find an axe in the forest) but that doesn't make it bad, just unoriginal which still isn't bad because originality is a hard thing to come by in an RPG.

- There are 3 classes and an ability shop which makes you design your hero to your liking. The abilities sold in the shop are default warcraft 3 abilities, none of them are edit let alone triggered. You can also buy all of the abilities if you buy the ability, transfer the item from your pet to your hero and then sell the item. This way you can buy all abilities for 50% the cash(because when you sell the item you get 50% gold back).

- The terrain is average at best, nothing special. I can see an extensive use of blizzard cliffs, but there is some tile variation as well as some height variation.

- There is an upgrade in your HQ that is titled "Animal War Training" and apparently does nothing(I could be wrong, it might effect something but as far as I saw it doesn't effect anything).

- The creatures are the same old warcraft 3 creatures, nothing special about them.

- There is a system with which you start as a child and then evolve into a hero who gets bonus attributes for every task you did while in the state of the child. Pretty good and somewhat original.

- The drop items and the store sold ones are basically default Wc3 items.

- Some of the item titles(and quests I think) were only in German. It is against the rules to submit a map that isn't fully translated to English. However, since a lot of the stuff is in English, I think I can ignore that this time if you promise to fix it asap.

Overall
- An alright RPG with a lot of WoW-based quests, a nice hero system and a nice child to hero evolve system.

My Advice
- Improve your terrain. Add more tile variation, more doodads, more height variation and change the tile set. Lorderan Summer is really bad.

- FIX all of the items/quests/abilities to have an English translation

- Fix the ability bug I told you about(the one that makes you buy all abilities).

- Add more abilities, customize the abilities and add some triggered ones. In your ability shop you really chose bad abilities. 50% of them are passive and the active ones you chose are really bad(War Stomp, Thunder Clap, Devine Shield, Howl of Terror, Shockwave) and they give no room for any strategy.

- Add custom items to the drop list and add custom items to the stores.

- Try to add some unique quests instead of the same old "go here, kill that and retrieve 5 gems for me".

- Add more variation between the creatures. Give some of them original custom abilities, use imported skins/models and try to use uncommon warcraft 3 creatures(wolves and bandits are just way way way too old).

Score
- The map is alright, but you simply need to fix all the things to have at least an English title/description. 2/5 Until you fix the language and then you might get a better grade. If you manage to fix all of the above you will have a great map.

Level 2
„most of them influenced by WoW it seems” LOL , I have never played WoW (I think its modern robbery, but that’s another topic) If you have any ideas for any quests, please tell me!
Well seems that you found a little bug, but you will have problems upgrading your abilitys if you can’t get rid of the old one, because you sold the items… (I’ll fix that with the next update)
I don’t think terrain is so important so that’s why I didn’t put too much effort in it!
But this map is open source so anybody feel free to add some terrain or change it as you like it!
You are able to upgrade your pet (adding more item slots & xtra mana)
At the beginning your right but in the second part of the map I customized all the enemy creatures including AI! I’m not so firm how to use the skins so they might look like warcraft 3 creatures. But here too if anybody wants to add creatures to this map feel free to to so!
Yes that childlife Idea was the reason to do this map!
The items are mostly default Wc3 items to keep it simple for my friends with who I play in local-network. But added some new Items too (probably you haven’t found them yet)
If you find any language bugs please tell me where you found them so I can fix them!!
The fighter has mostly passive abilities. Yes that is wanted! Its for players who just want to bash enemys. Try the hunter/mage they have other abilities to choose from. But I will have to work on the abilitie balancing you are right. (So you think all the fighter stuff is crap? What would you like him to be able to do?)
I’m not so good in moddling so if anybody would like to help me there I would be realy please!
:ned:Keep giving me critics and feel free to do any changes to this map its open source, just don’t protect it!!!!!!!!!!!