• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Space Murloc

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
The Space Murloc seen in Starcraft 2 at Bel'Shir and the Castanar space platform.
A regular murloc with an gauss rifle.
Also apeared at the Heroes of the Storm game too.
Custom models combined with regular wc3 murloc model, and custom texture.
Used MilkShape 3D and MdlVis.
If you use, please mention who made it.

Hope you like, have fun with it! :)

Special Thanks to Xian_1998 for helping with animations and ZanMgt for texture.

tvEIDQu.png

Keywords:
Star, Craft, 2, Star Craft, Murloc, Space, Marine, Grunty, Heroes, Storm, Heroes of the Storm, Modern, Future, Futuristic, War
Contents

The Space Murloc (Model)

The Space Murloc (Model)

Reviews
07:50, 3rd Jul 2015 Misha: work on drastically shrinking the filesize and getting a screenshot of written permission to use the texture

M

07:50, 3rd Jul 2015
Misha: work on drastically shrinking the filesize and getting a screenshot of written permission to use the texture

Level 19
Well, honestly the texture is truly made by ZanMgt, but the mesh is made by me, i used MilkShape i learned 3 months to make it...
But ofcourse i mentioned the creator of the texture.

Yes, but you actually need permission from the original creator of the texture, and also show proof of that permission (most likely an image). Apart from that, it's okey that you at least don't claim it as own, but you NEED to do that.

Level 20
hmmm, I like the idea. You have to make new walk animation 'cause this one is bad. Try rotating bones instead of moving them - it gives much better effects. Walk animations (and attack for melee guys) are the hardest to make, so don't worry :D. Second thing is that you have to reduce texture size (model itself has nice filsize, although you can give him portrait camera instead of model). Try this for texture - nobody will notice if you reduce it's quality and size by 50%. Although it can be done with in-game textures IMO. I'm not gonna rate it yet 'cause I see great potential here :D, and 'cause murlocs always make me laugh :D.