• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Rose Arena

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
The Rose Arena - [Updated the thread]

Current | Status
Busy School and Stuff >.<

Development | Speed
Slow

TRAHeader.png

Idea Thread

06-06-2011 : Redid the Development Thread :D

"You wake up and hear a voice telling you that you have been chosen to participate in The Rose Arena, a place completely desolate from space and time itself found between the world of reality and the void. And the only way to get back home is to defeat your enemies. You have no choice! Kill or be killed!"

(XD well I just tried to make a story for motivation but I guess this will change)

Information.png

THE ROSE ARENA

The Rose Arena is an arena type map that seeks to create an enjoyable game of might and wits between players through the combination of the typical systems and mechanics on an arena type map with the addition of some systems present in an RPG.

Mechanics.png

STARTING

At the start of the game the host [Player 1 Red] will choose a game mode to play. After that teams will be given 1 minute (might be too long) to choose their character, buy skills and buy items.

Mode
DescriptionOptions

Normal Mode
In this mode you must gain a certain amount of team kills to win.Race - The first team to reach a certain amount of kills will win

Time - The team who gains the most kills when the time runs out will win

Round Base Mode
In this mode teams battle in rounds. Each round takes a set amount of time until it finishes and moves on to the next round. Also you set a game time. The game time determines how long it will take until the game ends. The game time pauses when a match ends and starts again when a match starts.Greed - Earn the most kills per round. At the end of the game the scores will be added and the team with the most kills wins.

Glory - At the end of the game the team with the most victories per round will win.

(Modes are not final and are subject to change)

Character.png

THE CHARACTERS

I'm planning on making 7 unique character classes that excel in magic, combat and maybe some mischief. All and all classes that will be fun to pawn with.

THE STATS

Each character has 5 stats and 6 sub stats. They all differ in value depending on where the class excels on or fails on

Stat[c]Description[c]Effect[r]
Hitpoints(HP)
Alot is unknown about this, some say it is the life expectancy of someone, which is pretty weird cause you can see it. Gameplay wise, it's your life. Manage to make it zero your dead. (all classes start with 100 HP)Increases per level (increase differs from class to class)

Staminapoints(SP)
This is your fighting spirit that let's you perform different and fantastic things(abilities and skills). Be careful don't overwork yourself! (reach 20% and below SP) if you do your attack speed and movement speed will decreaseIncreases per level (increase differs from class to class)

Strength
The strength within your heart that just wants to hit everything real hard and break stuff (haha) Increases Physical Damage by 1 per point

Defense
The calm of your soul that desires to protect the ones you value dear (pretty deep) Increases Physical Defense by 1 every 3 points

Magic
The power of your spirit that is just waiting to burst fort in colors to destroy or create things only the mind can perceive :)D) Increases Magical Power by 1 per point

Sub-Stat[c]Description[c]Notes[r]
Physical Damage
This is how much hurt you can dish out with Physical attacks and abilities. Affected by StrengthReduced by Physical Defense of target

Physical Defense
This is how much pain you can endure, like a man! . . . or a tough person. . . Physically. Affected by Defense Reduces Physical Damage

Magical Power
This is how much power you can throw at your enemies as they burn! or freeze!...or shocked... Affected by MagicReduced by Resistance

Resistance
This is your resistance to the elements. . . pretty much it.Reduces Elemental Damage. By default you have a 10% resistance to all elements. Can only be raised through the use of items or by other means.

Attack Speed
This is the swiftness of your attacks as strikes come one after another.Can only be raised through the use of items or by other means.

Movement Speed
This is the speed of your feet when chasing people...or in greater extent, when you are being chased.Can only be raised through the use of items or by other means.

(Some stats are not final and are subject to change)

Feature.png

THINKING OF MORE STUFF

Most arena map features and systems will be implemented in this map along with some RPG elements.

Progress.png

FILL UP PROGRESS BAR!!! >.<

The map making progress so far

Screen.png

VISUAL STIMULI ._.

WIPTargetSystem.png

The Target System - This is a screen shot of the target system. When you move to a location an arrow will appear above that location. Now when you use a "Move" say for example "Ice Nova", the nova will spawn where the arrow is. Some moves may differ but the concept remains the same, "Where the arrow is, is where it'll hurt". Currently the system is not fully complete.

[/CENTER]

Last edited:
Level 10
Thanks guys! I appreciate it.

UPDATE: Well a little update on what I'm currently doing. I began working on the Targeting System for moves and at it's early stages it's doing pretty well. That's all for now.

E N D

UPDATE: I finally made it work like how I wanted it to work. Needs some more tweaks though.

Last edited:
Level 10
Well you can move. The Target System creates an arrow when you move (specifically where you want to move to). It doesn't really prevent you from moving. I'm thinking about changing some major stuff overall :) (e.g. Target System, the "move" battle system where you attack using abilities)

EDIT:

UPDATE: Made a simple equipment system that utilizes a weapon, armor, and accessory slot. Basic stuff has been done on it.

MECHANICS CHANGES

+ There will now be a basic attack via the default normal warcraft 3 attack but damage will be triggered making it hit multiple targets on front or any attack I see fit. I'll also be triggering the attack when you use the patrol command. Use patrol on the direction you want to attack then damage will be dealt to units in front of you. Not much has been done here yet.

+ I'm thinking about a combo system where in on the xth attack will trigger :

- A Combo Finisher skill
- A raise in critical chance or a chance to stun

Well this are the things I've been thinking about for now.

+ Attack speeds will be set to a specific value depending on weapon class and hero class

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.