• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Rose Arena Idea Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10

WILL BE EDITING THIS

Idea Thread
TRAHeader.png

Map Development Thread

Last edited:
Level 14
Wizard:

Dark Temper:
~Target enemy unit recieves +100% attack speed, -10 HP/sec regen, and the inability to hit anything. Basically, a combo of Unholy Frenzy and Curse, where the unit has a 100% chance to miss an attack. Lasts 10 seconds, with a 15 sec cooldown. Costs 75 mana.

DoppleGanger:
~The Wizard creates a doppleganger of target enermy unit under his control. Basiclly Mirror Image, except the Wizard controls the image which is an exact replica of target unit. The replica recieves 2 times the damage dealt to it, but deals 2 times the damage. The replica can't cast spells. Lasts 60 sec, with a 60 sec cooldown. Costs 150 mana.

That's all I have currently. Will post more if I come up with anything.

//\\oo//\\

Level 10
lol I forgot to tell that I don't use the default attack of warcraft. My battle system is based on using skills only. I might add a custom attack but the point is I use a custom battle system.

But thanks for submitting something, you can edit if you want.

Level 7
Warrior:

Jump:
Jump into the target area, damaging any units you land on, any units hit by jump will be crippled severely for 5 seconds. If they are hit with Weapon Throw, they will suffer an additional 30% damage, if they are hit with Rend, they will take an additional 15% bleed damage.

Weapon Throw:
Throw your weapon at the target, while the weapon is in flight you will not be able use Rend or Cleave. If the target is crippled, they will take 30% more damage.

Rend:
Slash the target open, causing them to bleed heavily for 6 seconds (ticks every 2), if the target is crippled, the total bleed damage will be increased by 15% (increased amount is spread between the three ticks).

Cleave:
Swing your weapon in a wide arc, dealing damage to enemies in front of you. (Cannot be used while the weapon throw is active.)

Feel free to change them to meet what you need, I hope it helps.

Level 8
hmm.. let me try this:)

Venom Edge
-coats the units weapon with poison that slows the target by 20% when attacked and deals 3dmg/sec

Adaptive Tactics
-attacks an enemy with a melee weapon when in close encounters, switches to bow when attacking from a far

Piercethrough
-when you attack an enemy, you also damage enemy units at the back of the unit (like cleave but instead of an arc-area, its a line-area spash

i also posted it on my Idea Shop :)

Level 3
Well, hrm. I think I'll try and help out here a bit. Given the limited number of starter classes, there should be a diverse hierarchy of classes to acquire.

Since you start off with Knight, Warrior, and Mage, these three classes must have the most basic skills. No fancy fire explosion skills or disembowelments just yet. xD It would be better to upgrade heroes, instead of unlocking them, because you retain the effort spent on the original hero. Yet there is value in retaining the skills of old classes for certain tasks, so there's that to think about.

In terms of upgrading, though, I think a system like the one in FF:Advance might just work, but I'll hybridize it and create two possible options. Here are the details(If I remember them properly xD):

So say I start out as a Knight. I get my skills, level up in battles, and get points, and eventually get a Mission Scroll. Each scroll presents a different scenario, so let's say this scenario involves protecting a pilgrimage to a shrine. Upon completion of this scenario, the Holy Order blesses the knight with heavenly knowledge, giving powers to banish evil, etc, etc, I becomes a Paladin.

As a Paladin, I can retain the skills of the knight, but also gain a set of three new skills, which follow my theme. And so I can fight on, get a Mission Scroll, and advance to a final class (or however many you wish) in this way. I would say 5-6 skills should be the maximum, so there will be choices to be made as for what skills to keep. This is one path of upgrading/unlocking. (Vertical: 1-->2-->3)

The other path is far more complex, however, and represents mixing between classes to create entirely new classes.

So I'm a knight, again, and I go through all the hubbub to find a Mission Scroll. Let's say I have the pilgrimage mission again, but instead of proceeding to the next level of my class and becoming a Paladin, I choose to class tech horizontally back into a Mage. In doing so, I can retain one skill from my past class. Then more fighting, points, etc, and so my Mage gets a Mission Scroll. For the sake of ease, we'll say it's the Pilgrimage mission again.

Now here's the complexity. The game acknowledges the mage's past career as a knight for upgrades, so new paths and new characters may open up. As for which paths open up depend not only on the types of characters played, but their specific order. In this particular instance, the Mage could have become a Battle Priest, but if we switch the order, then the Knight could instead turn into a Paladin or something else, depending on the mission.
This is the other way of upgrading. (Horizontal: X-->Y-->XY)

That's just a brainstorm I did, but I hope it's clear enough. ._.

Status
Not open for further replies.