• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] The Moving Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
This is driving me insane, a unit (Pride) casts an ability, and unit(Summoner) spawns somewhere on the map, this works fine.
Then, you move the unit (Summoner) onto a circle and a unit is created at your start location. Also works fine, now, near your start location is a unit (Portal) with the "waygate ability".

I am trying to get the waygate destination to the casting unit (Pride).

What is wrong with this trigger?

• HumanSummoner
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
  • Actions
    • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
      • If - Conditions
        • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Pride
      • Then - Actions
        • Unit - Create 1 Human Summoner for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Center of HumanSSpawn <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
        • Camera - Pan camera as necessary for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) to (Center of HumanSSpawn <gen>) over 1.00 seconds
        • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by (Owner of (Casting unit)) of type Portal) and do (Actions)
          • Loop - Actions
            • Neutral Building - Set (Picked unit) destination to (Position of (Casting unit))
      • Else - Actions
        • Do nothing

Last edited:
Level 4
Well I dont quite clearly understand your problem, but maybe you could a trigger like this:

• Portal
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit comes within 100.00 of Portal
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Move (Triggering unit) instantly to (Position of (Pride))
Now the catch to this trigger is that "Pride" needs to be a variable of type "unit". In your first trigger, when the unit casts the spell, Add the action "Set Variable - Set Pride = (Casting Unit)" This way the game will know that when any unit (most likely the summoner, you can add conditions for that) comes within 100 range of "Portal" It will move that unit to the position of the casting unit. If this isint your exact problem please specify and maybe I can help some more.

Level 4
@Daedin Sorry, but the trigger has to run somewhat like mine does, there are 6 different units that can cast, and 6 different units to move, 8 different portals, ect. So can't be specific.

@Jetfang If it's leaking, how may I fix it?

Level 29
Set a group variable to the group you need and then instead of that "udg_PlayerGroup" put your variable name.

For example, if your group variable was named "Group", then the code would be "udg_Group".

In this case you don't really need this.
You can just put this code before (a line before) you pick the units
  • Custom script: set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true

This will destroy the group after it finished its actions.

Status
Not open for further replies.