• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Mountain Humans 7.5

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
AlExGamer23

Mountain Human
AlExGamer23

Map Info:

On this map you and your team must to destroy the enemy base "Undead and Orc" and protect your base.
You can buy items and army to fight with enemy units.
For any details play the map

Some else stuff about map:

On the map is 3 lanes to battle
First lane in going to Undead Base
Second lane is going to Orc Base
Third land is on water with transport's , frigates and battleships

Screenshots and Videos:

Terrain_Image_1.png

[/hidden]

Gameplay_Image.jpg

Gameplay_Image_2.jpg

Added:
  • 3 Heroes
  • Little battle
  • 5 items

Added:
  • Map Weather
  • Map Lighting
  • 3 Castle units
Fixed:
  • Waves spawners
Changed:
  • Environment
  • SpawnPlace

Added:
  • Boat's Battle
  • Invulnerability System
  • Base Defense

Added:
  • Boats Tranport System
  • More items
  • Shops

Added:
  • Simple AI Script
  • Edited Abilitys
  • More Castle Units
Fixed:
  • Waves spawners
  • ShipYard System
Changed:
  • Hero Ability
  • Hero Spawn

Added:
  • Upgrades System
  • Gold System
  • More AI Scripts
  • Forest Monsters
Fixed:
  • AI Bugs
  • Waves Problem
Changed:
  • AI Script

Added:
  • AI buy Items
  • AI in battle Script
  • More AI Scripts
  • Random Items in forest
Fixed:
  • AI Bugs
  • Boats Balance
Changed:
  • AI Script

Added:
  • Simple Difficulty System
  • Orc Heroes
  • Prices on items
  • Human Heroes
  • New models
Fixed:
  • AI Bugs
Changed:
  • Events

Added:
  • Advanced Difficulty System
  • Advanced AI Scripts
  • Battle System
  • Secret Places
Fixed:
  • Map optimization(Need System requirements for game)
Removed:
  • Rain
  • Any Causes of Lag
Changed:
  • Little map Changes

Added:
  • Easy Difficulty
  • New Items
Fixed:
  • Map optimization(Need System requirements for game)
Changed:
  • Boats hitpoints

Credits:

[hidden="]
Map Creator:
  • AlExGamer23
Models Used:
  • Templar Warrior
  • Templar Justicar
  • Fire Mage
  • Predators
  • And Others
Icons:
  • Default Icons Used
Loading Screen/Map Preview Image:
  • Default Campaign Image
[/hidden]

Author's notes:

If you see any problems on the map please contact me
Please do not REPOST my map without my accept

Map Description Template Created by
AlExGamer23

I created this map by 0 and still update her because it has potential and will have more cool stuff coming.
Stay AWESOME guy and try my map ;)

Keywords:
Human Battles
Mountain Human
War3 Strategy Maps
Strategy map
Warcraft 3 Maps
WAR3 MAPS
Contents

The Mountain Humans 7.5 (Map)

Reviews
01:37, 21st Jun 2015 Shadow Fury: Map set to needs fix with a rating of 2/5.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Unofficial Review of The Mountain Humans 7.3

Visuals - Ambience and Aesthetics

The Mountain Humans 7.3 presents itself with an interesting environment, re-creating the default Warcraft style with its own features.

AlExGamer23, it is a good idea to add a custom light source for the whole map, as you did, as it gives an interesting atmosphere, but you could pay attention to the default shadows of Warcraft which fall to the top right and the light source shines from the bottom right to the top left. Therefore they clash with each other.

The basic terrain features tile variation and little doodads all over the map, tho you could extend the use of doodads and use even more to create a more alive terrain. The lack of many doodads, especially at the ways to enemy bases, create an empty and lifeless feeling.

The cliffs clash with each other and create an amateur atmosphere. Note that you cannot link natural and unnatural cliffs, AlExGamer23. Focus on the more matching one for each clashing position or even try to create custom ones with the other terrain tools the WE offers, both opportunities will greatly increase the visual look of your map.

You could also think about scaling some doodads. Scaling doodads will increase the visual effects and make the doodads come out more realistic. One or another felt misplaced, like the fountain above the human placed, standing in the nowhere.
Did you already take a look on Hive's tutorials ? They offer great knowledge and wisdom concerning terraining.

Gameplay

The gameplay is basically simple. Destroy the enemy base and don't let your own base be destroyed.

The fact that you include A.I. heroes is an interesting feature. They seem to be intelligent and they are not easy to take down.

Especially in the early game wave units tend to plug the ways to enemy bases with their amount, as the heroes are weak in the early game, obviously.

The heroes aren't very unique, as they are the default heroes of melee games. Tho, one does not notice this after some time as some heroes use custom models. Overall, the use of custom models is enjoyable in your map, not greatly extended, but focused on some units and heroes.

It is actually a nice idea to include the opportunity to buy units for yourself, as they are a great addition to the freelancer gameplay with the hero. One does miss a siege unit, tho. Towers are very strong and although they can be taken down easier in late-game, hired siege units could be a nice addition.

There are also 'secret', or to say, additional areas that offer item drop and some boss action, as well as hordes of creep one has to battle through.

The instant revive gives an atmosphere of 'dying is not a problem' if you are not somewhere far far away. Maybe add a penalty to death, tho there is no PvP that could be influenced by penalties.

Result

The Mountain Humans 7.3 offers gameplay on an average designed map reminding other melee maps.
Although the heroes are well-known from the default melee maps, custom items allow the players to slightly customize an build their heroes.
Additional content offers hard creatures to take down and savage jungle to explore.

It could be a good idea to work on the terrain, especially the sea where many rocks block off the ships.
Additionally, you could think about adding more customised content, if you wish to, like custom abilities for heroes, more units to hire.

Also not that upcoming announced features were not concerned in the review as uploading a map is perceived as a complete map release.

I vote for Awaiting Update, Pending for more feedback.

Level 3
I'm still working on it and come with more great ideas for map. But right now i want to know more feedback for my map and more ideas because i want players to be happy about the map.
And every player will come with own ideas and make a connection with map and ideas to make more.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

I am glad that you work on it, but a map release is supposed to offer a completed map.

Map Submission Rules
Work in progress (WIP) maps are not allowed, the map needs to be a complete release.
ALPHA and BETA versions, "teasers/trailers", etc. can be posted in Map Development.

It might be a good idea to post it in the map development thread to receive more feedback.

Level 3
I don't think the gameplay is ruined because the heroes don't have costom models and skills
And if you play more the creeps will die faster until you have items on your hero and level ;)

Take a look for Ardenian review.

Last edited:
Level 21
TERRAIN

The terrain was kind of messy. While you used tile variation, the result wasn't very good. The tiles were manipulated quite well in some areas while in places like the Undead's base and Orcs' base it was not. Applying Rough Dirt directly on a large zone of Blight doesn't give a really pleasant result. Additionally, I could notice was that there s a cliff conflict. Yes, you read it well, cliff conflict. With this I mean that Dirt Cliffs are put together with Ruined Walls Cliffs, making the overall result very strange, unpleasant and unnatural. Also keep in mind that cliffs are notoriously known by a lot of people for being ugly and an excessive use of them could result in a bad terrain. Despite all of that, your core problem isn't the tiles or the cliffs but the doodads. I see you heavily lack of decorations in all your terrain. You merely added darkened trees and rocks almost everywhere with a few signs of other doodads. Why that? There are much more doodads that can be used in the Environment and Props section. Shurbs, mushrooms, flowers, viny plants and these stuff can be added beside trees. Cattails, seaweeds, lily pads and such can be used as decorations for watery parts. Just try to be creative with that and never leave a piece of your terrain undecorated.

GAMEPLAY

Let's have a word on the gameplay. Basically, the presence of an AI was pleasant. It was challenging trying to kill the enemy heroes and trying to survive to them, meaning that the AI is smart and foolproof. However, the most disappointing thing is the heroes. What a shame, they are all default ones, meaning that there's nothing original or innovative. Yes, some have custom models, but that only improves the aesthetics, nothing more. The heroes are not enjoyable to play and, as I said before, some heroes do not fit these kinds of map. On the other hand, items are awesome although there isn't any item to boost my HP. Now I'd like to talk about my gameplay experience. It was too boring in the beginning since the creeps were quite strong and I couldn't afford any good item. Instead, I hired units. That changed the circumstances but when I reached the damn 5000 HP-ed Giant Skeleton Warriors after a looooong time, it got very complicated. I thought "Let's go and kill the neutral creeps". Bad idea, they were too strong. Since I couldn't boost my HP, I couldn't combat creeps. Before I could get enough items to tackle the undead champions or the creeps, too much time would've passed. Also, some creeps of the Orcs and Undead are nearly invincible and impossible to beat. I'd need to get all the items available and a very high level before even thinking of killing one of them. The 4000 HPed Necromancer, who summons 5000 HP-ed Skeleton Warriors with 200 damage, are insane. Same goes for many other creeps.

OVERALL RESULT

In conclusion, the map is in dire need of a better and more balanced gameplay. For now, this gets 2/5 and stays as needs fix.