• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Lost Souls of Frostmourne

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: syponis
This Campain Demo will give some answers of questions like: What happend to Naisha?
Or "What has happend to the SOUL of Arthas"? In the full version of the Campain "the lost souls of Frostmourne" you will find out.
Update 1.2 is here! Now you have access to chapter three and the mayor part of chapter four! If you find bugs, please report them so I can fix them. And I know chapter two (The Path to Arthas) is a bit empty.
Changelist:

version 1.2
----------
ADDs
-added chapter three - "from the Cold into the Heat"
-added chapter four - maps 1 and 2 (out of 3)
version 1.1
----------
ADDs
-added Introduction map (based of "tomb of Sargeras")
-added chapter one - "Visitors of the warp"
-added serveral possibities to get human units
-added Human Village
-added a way around the castle, if you prefer not to fight
-added a bunch of Creeps, Undead and even a snowmen!
-added fire to blighted trees
-added bosses and quests to kill them
FIXs
-Fix - bug when Naisha would not walk into the castle
-Fix - renamed champter three to chapter two
-Fix - Increased overal difficulty

version 1.0
-----------
ADDs
added chapter three - "The path to Arthas"

Credits to:
Ergius for his CloudOfFog model
General Frank for his Arthas Model
Inico for his High-Definition Illidan Model

Keywords:
Arthas, Frozen Throne, Maiev, Naisha, Costom model, Story, Warcraft III, Frostmourne, Demo, slakhorn, General Frank, Illune, Goddess of the Moon, Inic
Contents

The Lost Souls of Frostmourne (Campaign)

Reviews
ap0: Rejected 19:20, 21st May 2009 by bounty hunter2: Bad terrain, empty, bad cinematic, bad spells, unoriginal, Rejected.

M

ap0: Rejected

19:20, 21st May 2009 by bounty hunter2:
Bad terrain, empty, bad cinematic, bad spells, unoriginal, Rejected.

Level 16
It`s still like this...
And additionally there are many typos.

It seems that we all are going to say the same as above..
And i think u don't need 2 cinematic scenes, u can make that in one map.
the only thing i like is the idea, nothing else :/ sorry...
But u might want to work more on this, and in the future u might make a better campaign :)

Level 1
it wasn't so bad , i really seen worse .. you should work on it .. btw muradin didn't died - he taken blow to a head and lost his memory ..

Level 4
Well, uh. In the original storyline he did in fact die. They just rewrote the story in World of Warcraft.

World of Warcraft is ruining the Warcraft Storyline... making the Horde allies with the Undead *shakes head* :p

anyway onto the map... vast amount of typo's make it not only not fun to play, but makes it hard to understand what to do... there really is only 1 Chapter, as "Chapter 1" is just you running over to Arthas (takes about 5 seconds and the level is over, the rest is just cinematics)

Confused as to why at the start of the second level when I destroyed the 3 Undead buildings Night Elves appeared... were they trapped inside the buildings or something?... Used the wrong model for Naisha, and to make it worse you didnt remove the original Huntress skill's, giving Naisha too many skills... Huntress's have Sentinel and Moon Glaive, plus the Shadowmeld skill... on top of the 4 skills you gave Naisha, meaning 7 skills, but only 6 skill spots... and to make it even worse, because you gave Naisha the Scout Owl skill, Sentinel becomes virtually useless, and Moon Glaive doesnt work with the increased range... and finally, found a bug where I couldnt open a gate even though I have the key required to open the gate, so I cant finish the map anyway...

Maps: 2/5 (Massive amounts of open space, could add a lot to the maps)
Storyline: 2/5 (Nice idea... but poorly executed)
Difficulty: 1/5 (with only 1/2 of 1 map playable, I cant give it a good rating)
Overall: 1.6/5 (fix the typo's, fix Naisha, and add more too the maps and it could be a whole lot better)

Level 1
Uhh... the storyline is a good idea, but the terrain is kind of suckish, like the really long path to the human camp. Also in the human camp, when the hero goes in that area a knight keeps saying: "Help! Our villiage is under attack!" Or something like that over and over, it fills the whole chat screen.

Last edited:
Level 4
Uhh... the storyline is a good idea, but the terrain is kind of suckish, like the really long path to the human camp. Also in the human camp, when the hero goes in that area a knight keeps saying: "Help! Our villiage is under attack!" Or something like that over and over, it fills the whole chat screen.

Yes, You are Right about that bug. I noticed it when playtesting, and i am goining to fix it. ATM I am working on the 4th, 5th and 6th map. Goin to update this shitty campain soon.

And about Muradin: Yes, he hasn't actualy died, but frostmourne drained it soul (partaly) and lost his memory. Same goes for Illidan.

I can't make the two cinematic maps into one, because of tileset issues.

Thanks for your suggestions and help. I'd realy appritate it.
BTW: is it Illune or Ellune?

Level 5
Yes, You are Right about that bug. I noticed it when playtesting, and i am goining to fix it. ATM I am working on the 4th, 5th and 6th map. Goin to update this shitty campain soon.

And about Muradin: Yes, he hasn't actualy died, but frostmourne drained it soul (partaly) and lost his memory. Same goes for Illidan.

I can't make the two cinematic maps into one, because of tileset issues.

Thanks for your suggestions and help. I'd realy appritate it.
BTW: is it Illune or Ellune?

Elune!

Level 1
I'll give you a thumbs up for being able to make this, that's more than I can do, but story sucks, characters suck, writing sucks, spelling and grammar are horrible. And I don't think Arthas ever wore the tile of "the Betrayer" while he did betray his father and his kingdom, he has never been referred to as "the betrayer" usually "the betrayer" refers to Illidan. You have a lot to fix if you want this map to have seals of approval from everyone, you must fix the story to match the actual lore as well as fixing all the spelling errors and make the characters have more personality. And it's Elune, not Ilune.

Freeing a soul from frostmourne will end it's eternal suffering but it won't bring them back to life. And no one wondered about Naisha. We all just figured she died and didn't really care.

Fix the game and maybe we'll give you higher ratings.

Level 4
Frostmourne's Avatar? What?

You do know that Frostmourne was spoken through by Ner'Zhul right? You can't have an avatar of a lifeless weapon.

From screenshots and such, the terrain is very very bland.

You actualy can, since the sword "draws" slain souls into it. Al those souls made an "higher living". That is the thing you killed back in map 4. But, for the lore's sake, I will rename him to "the warden" or something similliar. But I will first work on map 3 (The path to Arthas). I am thinking of an complete revamp.

-Slakhorn

Level 18
You actualy can, since the sword "draws" slain souls into it. Al those souls made an "higher living". That is the thing you killed back in map 4. But, for the lore's sake, I will rename him to "the warden" or something similliar. But I will first work on map 3 (The path to Arthas). I am thinking of an complete revamp.

-Slakhorn

It draws the slain souls because it is a cursed blade, doesn't mean you can make a avatar out of it. But since you're changing it, I'll stop complaining :thumbs_up: