• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The loss (First terrain in 2 years or so)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
Hey my name is Dr. House I'm an old Hiveworkshop terrainer and have been gone for a long time but now I'm sort of back, I missed a lot and walk behind on how terraining go's these days and so on. I could have done this better in my opinion but I didn't really remember how. Any suggestions/tips are appriciated.

Attachments

• FirstTerrainAgainDrHouse.png
    FirstTerrainAgainDrHouse.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 295
Level 36
I could have done this better in my opinion

Yours and mine alike.

You can start with generally replacing the horrible looking trees and the grass with
something better, try this thread for reference: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/terrain-board-267/stone-sword-terraining-mapping-resource-238310/

Also, while I do love me a good ol' felsen rock as much as the next man, they do
require and eye for texture. Seaming them together smoothly is important, and never
never show the side with the strange distorted part, which is exactly what you've done
with the centre rock.

And, for the love of the ufergras, remove those units.

Finally, some of the rocks on the upper right side of the terrain look like they're flying,
either sink them more into the rocks beneath or flip them sideways and rotate them.
I'd also like to see some more patches of grass in between the rocks, because there's
too much grey on this screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.