• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

The Last Ancients

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Panda

Icon Reviewer
Level 57
Hello, Ive been working on this DoTa (League of Legends) spin off hero defense for a couple years now and im gonna throw it out for the community to check out and be there with my progress!

Adding photos to this thread and will add a changelog with everything i need to accomplish if anyone would like to asisit me in any way possible.

Icons/Ability's
- Still working on perfecting each icon and there purpose in the game with each hero/champion

Heros
- I will be working on heros and there ability's probably last on this map considering how long it takes to balance everything with there spells and stats.. (If anyone has a hero idea or any spell ideas for a hero let me know, the more ideas the better..)

Triggers/GUI
- I have a good amount of triggers done already with the help of @Jampion but, i still need help with more because im not the best with anything triggers and GUI. (If anyone knows how to use GUI and is willing to help out, message me!

Attachments

• effef.PNG
    effef.PNG
    6.1 MB · Views: 135
  • fefsfdfd.PNG
    fefsfdfd.PNG
    4.6 MB · Views: 133
  • gewrsdfd.PNG
    gewrsdfd.PNG
    6.9 MB · Views: 123
  • ggsdefdfdfdf.PNG
    ggsdefdfdfdf.PNG
    7 MB · Views: 122
  • gregdg.PNG
    gregdg.PNG
    6.4 MB · Views: 120
  • grgdfdfd.PNG
    grgdfdfd.PNG
    6.8 MB · Views: 110
  • grgdfgdfd.PNG
    grgdfgdfd.PNG
    6.3 MB · Views: 101
  • vsdrdsfd.PNG
    vsdrdsfd.PNG
    6.5 MB · Views: 102
  • wsrefdsfdf.PNG
    wsrefdsfdf.PNG
    6.4 MB · Views: 138
Last edited:
Level 21
I've played lots of DotA 1+2 over the years, what are you planning to add to the now somewhat dated formula?
- I think supercreeps are missing dearly, for example.

Deleted member 247165

D

Deleted member 247165

:D A new AoS. That's great. @deepstrasz I think he said " DotA " so that people could understand easier what the game is related to. DotA is not the first one though.

Anyway, good luck with your project. I'm looking forward to be the first one that tries it out, if it is made on 1.31 of course.

Deleted member 247165

D

Deleted member 247165

Well sure. I got a little worried seeing mostly the same terrain layout and Roshan there.
Well, almost the same terrain. The battlefield is rotated, the good are down on the right and the evil up on the left here. The bases have some walls based on what I see and the terrain seems a bit better than how it is made in DotA 1. The Roshan thing indeed uses the same model.

The terrain should be the last problem, the issue might be if the items and heroes are exactly the same... Although I doubt that, knowing what kind of spells Jampion does.

The Panda

Icon Reviewer
Level 57
Well sure. I got a little worried seeing mostly the same terrain layout and Roshan there.
I made this whole map from scratch, i understand what you mean however im still adding different things towards this so it doesn't completly match both games. I did all the terrain myself which is my favorite thing to do, yes roshan is there but it is with a different name and plot towards it, so it does not copy the other games but than again this is all made from scratch not using a template of some sort.

The Panda

Icon Reviewer
Level 57
:D A new AoS. That's great. @deepstrasz I think he said " DotA " so that people could understand easier what the game is related to. DotA is not the first one though.

Anyway, good luck with your project. I'm looking forward to be the first one that tries it out, if it is made on 1.31 of cour
I believe it is that version i have been testing it and everything seems fine to me, im glad your enjoying it so far! And yeah im just a been fan of dota and hero defense type games in a whole so i wanted to create one myself.
I've played lots of DotA 1+2 over the years, what are you planning to add to the now somewhat dated formula?
- I think supercreeps are missing dearly, for example.
That is a challenge to be honest because everything is so played out nowadays.. im adding some old and new ideas towards this game so it has a new and old feel towards it.. ive played dota since it pretty much came out. And what do you mean missing dearly?

The Panda

Icon Reviewer
Level 57
Bump
Added some walls to the river part of the map, making it look better to the eye.. also have been adding tower ability's and fixed the river runes spawns..

Will keep you guys updated,

Attachments

• 11111.PNG
    11111.PNG
    6.5 MB · Views: 35
  • 22222.PNG
    22222.PNG
    6.7 MB · Views: 33
  • 33333.PNG
    33333.PNG
    6.7 MB · Views: 27
  • 44444.PNG
    44444.PNG
    6.6 MB · Views: 28
  • 55555.PNG
    55555.PNG
    6.5 MB · Views: 31

Deleted member 247165

D

Deleted member 247165

How's the development of this AoS going on? Now that I'm on the latest patch, I'm really curious to try it out :D

The Panda

Icon Reviewer
Level 57
How's the development of this AoS going on? Now that I'm on the latest patch, I'm really curious to try it out :D
Sadly i have been dealing with alot of life issues and not having enough time to put into this :/ Once i get everything back to were i want it then ill put more effort into this, i also still need help with alot of things with this map that i can not figure out.

Status
Not open for further replies.