• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Kingdom of Mikra

Reactions: deepstrasz
Version 1.01

A huge RPG i made which took me a long time. If you want to edit it and make it for more players or better in any way feel free to, I do not really care.

***Features***
- Very detailed map with max doodads and no undetailed areas
- Lots of imported models and icons
- Every weapon and shield shows up on your character
- Every spell is custom in some way or another
- Lots of bosses
- 5 heroes to choose from, each can get up to level 20
- Save/load system
- Dueling arena
- Underground caves, jungles, deserts, canyons, tropical islands and badlands to explore
- There are probably more but i cant remember them

Please leave comments!

v1.01 - Fixed an issue where the camera who lock to the wrong position when entering the Troll Hideout.
- Fixed an exploit where players could continuously travel back and forth to the last boss.

Keywords:
RPG, Kingdom, Mikra, ORPG, Role playing, Role playing game, quest, adventure.
Contents

The Kingdom of Mikra (Map)

Reviews
VGsatomi: Approved. This map nappears very well made. Excellent terraining, nice RPG feel. Very good for playing with a friend. I suggest pausing units during cinimatics, however. Good work.

M

VGsatomi: Approved. This map nappears very well made. Excellent terraining, nice RPG feel. Very good for playing with a friend. I suggest pausing units during cinimatics, however. Good work.

Level 1
Whats with the ending? My friend and I defeated the Lord of Darkness and we were turned into his minions. Is there a way to revert back?

Level 6
No, you can't revert back unless you have saved previously. I see what you mean though, but if you have already finished it then i figured that the player would want to be a different character. Being evil and strong means that you could go everywhere and do anything, which people may not have had the chance to do during the game.

Level 6
Fix the caves. The camera triggers are messed up. I entered a cave and got the view of a different cave in the game instead of the one I entered. since i couldn't see where I was or where the exit was, I had to quit.

Level 4
hmm- it might be since i tested this in single player but the whole map is all visible and u can see all the islands.

is this a bug or just cause i played in single=player?

like ur map alot though, simple concept but executed flawlessly-especially like the weapon attachments.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
It would be interesting if there weren't so many bugs and time eaters:
-unit selection circles should not be present during cinematic mode
-some spells have a different place on the hero from the spell menu
-quest givers still show the "!" sign after a quest has been given. It would be nice to replace it with another sign while the quest is active
-doubling quests isn't a good idea especially with a double cinematic (one for each player). The Jungle Beast has to be killed twice for each player to get one quest item
-the weapons and armors from the Wise One show as green squares if a hero is not in the buying zone
-Healing Wave should be made such to be cast on self too
-the Keeper of the Grove's message quest is bugged in that when it says it's failed the "!" sign still remains and the quest message doesn't change in the quest menu
-items can be accidentally put into NPCs' inventories without the possibility of getting them back
-the storage room circle of power from the desert city brings the hero out to the first city when exiting the room

Due to some of these aspects I've stopped playing.

Suggestions:
-it would be nice for the player to be able to choose a color for the hero
-cinematic mode should be skipped on ESC
-the camera should focus on the hero when exiting and entering caves/storage rooms
-stack up items so the player won't have to carry in tens of rounds in order to move the items in the storage or sell them
-item carriers and/or backpacks are desperately needed. It's frustrating and time eating to carry two or three things then come back and so on. You can't sell a weapon, armor or shield without leaving the carried one down first