• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

the HoMM Resources Models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi, :)
I'm making a HoMM (Heroes) style map with regular Warcraft units, buildings and abilities, calling it Heroes of Warcraft.

What I need is some simple "resource" models from HoMM: decent, preferably low file size, no animation models

A "Gems" model - multi-colored bunch of small gems - maybe add sparkle effect
A "Mercury" model - a gray cooking pot
A "Sulfur" model - bunch of sulfur
A "Gold" model - bunch of (shiny) gold ore
A "Crystal" model - red crystals
An "Ore" model - bunch of small rocks

Level 3
thanks for the links :) had seen most of those models actually, but thought i was looking for something more "heroes like", but tested the models in-game and they are actually pretty good...
used tiberium crystals for crystal, (a red one would be better but oh well) but still need a gems model and mercury model :) ? there are no decent models to represent those resources, so :/

Level 3
i do actually :) that would totally work x)

hehe that cheese is actually brilliant x) used cheese 0 and changed the color to 255 255 0, and it looks surprisingly alot like the heroes sulfur

but could you remove the particles from the iron ore and send it to me or just tell me how to do this ? dunno if permission is needed ?

Level 14
omg i tryed. the ore model has an insane polycount. i really couldnt sort it out, where one stone ends and another starts. also some parts of the model are messed up :s
i did search out ingame textures which would fit the homm gems resource design.

though i didnt delete my edited model yet, just in case.

btw what do you think (crappy idea, but atm i cant make better) of using the lordaeron doodad as mercury. i mean the "cauldron with heads" with the heads removed and maybe i could change the texture of it to grey,

anyway i removed the particles from the stone as you asked:

EDIT: did the gold too:

Attachments

• IronOreSansParticles.mdx
    20.3 KB · Views: 65
  • GoldOreSansParticles.mdx
    20.4 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.