• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

The hidden crystal cave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Here it is. The hidden crystal cave xD

I'm not very good at terraining so plz dont say something like this: "It's pretty bad. Bad angle bad everything. This could be done in less then 5 min".

This is my style and I'm sticking to it.

Attachments

• Fellwood Cave1.jpg
    Fellwood Cave1.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 563
  • Fellwood Cave2.jpg
    Fellwood Cave2.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 987
  • Fellwood Cave3.jpg
    Fellwood Cave3.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 731
Level 7
It's pretty bad. Bad angle bad everything. This could be done in less then 5 min

lol jk
try lookin at real cave pictures, do you see willlow trees growing everywhere?
make is less vast and add lots of rocks, stelagtites / mites. start with that

It's kinda bad. Bad angle bad design. This could be done in less then 5 min.

I'm not kidding. The first pic is awful because of the large spike in the terrain. The rest are weird because of the waves. Also, those long trees look awful when shrunk. The whole thing is disjointed and lacks any sort of comprehensive design. There's a difference between style and quality.

Level 10
My message is not intended to be flaming or judging you, since I'm not able to do it 'cuz of my position.

I don't like it, the angle is completely wrong and you should add some other detail. Also it looks like it has been done by a 10 years old kid. (Nothing personally, that's what I think).

Good luck in your terrains.

Level 11
Well, it's a good start, but could be improved.
First of all, it doesn't look like a cave, with all the willow trees it looks more like a swamp.
And perhaps add more crystals and take screenshots in different angles, and as Will said, the spike in the middle of first picture looks weird.
Adding a few more rocks and maybe stalagtites to make it looks more like a cave would also make it better.
It's a nice idea, but you need to work on it a little more to make it good.

Level 10
My message is not intended to be flaming or judging you, since I'm not able to do it 'cuz of my position.

I don't like it, the angle is completely wrong and you should add some other detail. Also it looks like it has been done by a 10 years old kid. (Nothing personally, that's what I think).

Good luck in your terrains.

Ehhm, well its a close guess, 12 year old boy :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.