1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

The Discussion about Killzone 2 and Halo 3

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by TheDivineBoss, Sep 5, 2007.

1. TheDivineBoss

TheDivineBoss

Resources:
    Resources:
    We all know it: The third part of the beautiful, orginal, multiplayerking and awasome game Halo 3. And also coming allong the brutal, dark, evil, chaotic, bloody and goreish Killzone 2. Kz2 let Halo 3 looks like a baby with his chaotic and awasome gameplay. And H3 strikes back with his nice gameplay and beautiful sets. Kz2 is raw and highly detailed, H3 is also highly detailed but less bloody.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e18ljZacSGg (Killzone 2 E3 version)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ko9xC6TMdiw (Other one)
    - - - - - - - - - - - -
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCsdPszJLNQ (Halo 3)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXrYSEOg3Ro (Halo 3 E3 version)

Which game shall you pick? It's not mine desiscion because I don't have a 360 or a PS3...yet. :wink:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    "We all know it" is an opinion since we do not all know it, infact I did not know what the hell halo was untill a few months ago when I read about 3. Just because it is slightly famous does not mean it is a game everyone has played neithor does it mean it is the "multiplayerking" since I am sure WoW beats its servers by far.

3. WILL THE ALMIGHTY

WILL THE ALMIGHTY

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Halo is by far more popular than Killzone, and frankly, fuck killzone. I don't like overly gory games, I like epic setting, awesome music and badass gameplay.

4. milcon

milcon

Resources:
    Resources:
    I have never heard of killzone but i have played halo 1, 2, and now 3 priefly(plus seeing some vids) and i must say the Unreal Tounrament games are a thousand times better. Sure not much storyline but thats changing now that Unreal 3 is coming. Halo 3 may have shiny graphics(for a console system) but Unreal Tounrament 2004 isnt very far behind and Unreal Tournament 3 will blow H3 out of the water with gameplay, graphics, and possibly(ive heard the H3 storyline is really cool) the storyline(even though its slightly cliche, it looks immersive).

5. MySpaceBarBroke

MySpaceBarBroke

Resources:
    Resources:
    I think Killzone was a self-proclaimed "Halo Killer" in production, but didn't live up to its title. Anyhow, IMO, Halo was an overhyped game. It was great, but its popularity was greater.

6. The Last Istari

The Last Istari

Resources:
    Resources:
    Actually Killzone's title "Halo-killer" wasn't self-proclaimed.

Due to the hype it received, everyone naturally assumed it was a Halo-Killer.

Infact Guerilla (Correct?) said they wanted no competition with Bungie whatsoever.

7. MySpaceBarBroke

MySpaceBarBroke

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ah, then I'll eat my words. But still, it didn't exactly meet the title.

8. WILL THE ALMIGHTY

WILL THE ALMIGHTY

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Halo will di ewith time. You can't stop such an overhyped game.

9. The Last Istari

The Last Istari

Resources:
    Resources:
    Not all games meet their requirements.

Hell, look at Mobile Suit Gundam: Crossfire.

10. MySpaceBarBroke

MySpaceBarBroke

Resources:
    Resources:
    Never heard of it. In fact, I've never heard of ANY specific Gundam game before.

IMO Deus Ex is an underhyped game.

11. TheDivineBoss

TheDivineBoss

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hmm... I thought this thread was dead and burried but someone dug it up after the night. :eekani: And all games will die once, like warcraft III, it's just waiting to being put down with a shotgun.

12. MySpaceBarBroke

MySpaceBarBroke

Resources:
    Resources:
    It's ten days. What's there to bury?