• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Culling: Hordes of Hell (working title)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Everything you will see here is a work-in-progress. That means anything and everything is subject to change.

The Culling: Hordes of Hell
-An epic action RPG taking place in a dark, melancholy world.
-High-quality writing and storytelling that I wrote myself.
-Voice acting (hopefully...).
-A never-before-seen dialogue system, where YOU decide what your character says.
-A real-time combat system that allows you to perform powerful combos and deadly special attacks.
-A great soundtrack comprised of many great indie artists.
-Utilizes Born2Modificate's High Quality Doodad Pack.
-Various companions that may join you (depending on how you treat them).

In the beginning, the mighty Gods created the Realm of the Living, and placed upon it mortal life. Afterwards, they ascended to their own realm above, and watched their creations begin to grow and prosper. The humans, greatest of all the mortals, banded together and formed the Kingdom of the White Griffins, who worshiped and venerated the Gods.

One of the Gods, Rac'gehenom, was hungry for power, and with the help of a heretical group of Angels, killed and consumed another God. The rest of the Gods were furious at Rac'gehenom, and sent him deep beneath the Realm of the Living, to the Realm of Hell, to watch over the souls of slain heretics and sinners. These souls became unbendingly loyal to Rac'gehenom, and Rac'gehenom became the Lord of Hell.

Since then, the people of the Kingdom of the White Griffins have lived in peace and harmony, and their monarchs have ruled fairly and justly. But deep beneath the Realm of the Living, the Lord of Hell sought to take control of the surface world in an act of vengeance against the Gods. For centuries, he waited patiently for the moment to begin his invasion of the Realm of the Living.... In the year 877, the year of Blood, an order of magic users opened a portal to hell, foolishly thinking they could gain power from the spirits of the damned. Instead, the demonic minions of Rac'gehenom rushed through, thus begining his conquest.

It is around this time that a lone adventurer makes his return journey to his home in the Kingdom of the White Griffins. Little does he realize the destiny he is about to face...

Are you ready to face the Hordes of Hell?

These are just some descriptions of demons you will face in The Culling. (Thank you so much Jsprat100 for giving me such good ideas for monsters!)

Impling
Implings are the weakest of Rac'gehenom's demons, and often travel in packs of four or five. They are easy to dispatch, but can overwhelm you quickly if you are not careful. They attack by throwing magical fireballs at their enemies.

Imp
Imps are the older form of Implings. They are tougher and hardier, and carry melee weapons into battle. Imps can inspire allies and demoralize enemies.

Jsprat100 said:
I have a few ideas for creeps/enemies for your map.

Hellhound
A beast out of hell. A dangerous, vile, malicious creature that has no remorse.
Hellhounds travel in packs of three and have quick, light attacks.

Glutton
A lumbering monster of self indulgence whose only priority is eating.
Gluttons are massive and can consume corpses to regenerate health. They also spread diseases.

Sullen
The Sullen were once apprentices in the practice of magic, but, when they fell along with the rest of the magic users, became Rac'gehenom's servants. They are depressing, meandering undead spawns that bring negative emotional strain onto the battlefield. The Sullen are slow and weak, but normally hide and give off a draining aura that effects both might and magic. They can make themselves implode, and deal damage in an area of effect around them.

Sower of Discord
The Sowers of Discord were once very powerful magic users, but have become slaves to the will of Rac'gehenom when they opened a portal to the Realm of Hell. An evil, twisted, fraudulent creature from the depths of hell who won't stop until the world has turned against itself. The Sowers of Discord can conjure images of people around them and turn peaceful creatures hostile. They can also summon various demons to aid them in battle.

Fallen Angel
The ultimate embodiment of treason, Fallen Angels helped Rac'gehenom kill another God and take his power, and were banished with him to Hell.
They are powerful and dangerous and have a host of magical skills and melee attacks.

UPDATE! More pictures have been added and the story has been updated! I've also started working on the demon enemies, and changed the model of the main character to an edited version which is much more suited to my needs.
1 - The first one is an ingame screenshot of the starting location and the main character.
2 - The second screenshot is an in-editor shot of the first "village" you encounter. Turns out the demons have massacred it's inhabitants.
3 - The third is of a small group of trees that are to the right of the starting location. Perhaps the site of a low-level boss with some better-than-average loot?
4 - The fourth is an over-the-shoulder shot of the Hero as he looks towards the ruined town below.
5 (NEW!) - A shot of the same town, but this time MASSIVELY enlarged and with a lot more detail!
6 (NEW!) - Same as five, but in a different spot!

Attachments

• HoH 1 IG.JPG
    HoH 1 IG.JPG
    151 KB · Views: 122
  • HoH 2 IE.JPG
    HoH 2 IE.JPG
    255.5 KB · Views: 138
  • HoH 3 IE.JPG
    HoH 3 IE.JPG
    248.1 KB · Views: 142
  • HoH 4 IE.JPG
    HoH 4 IE.JPG
    250.9 KB · Views: 145
  • HoH 5 IE.JPG
    HoH 5 IE.JPG
    240.5 KB · Views: 119
  • HoH 6 IE.JPG
    HoH 6 IE.JPG
    237.3 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
Level 15
Thanks for the feedback guys! Don't worry, I plan to see this one through. The only problem is that I come home late from school everyday (5:30), so my only real opportunity to work on the project is on the weekends. But I have everything planned out already for the beginning part of the Prologue.

A question, though: should I give the main character a voice also? Like grunts and stuff, as well as saying "My inventory is full" and things like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.