1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

The Culling: Hordes of Hell (working title)

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by I)eadnerzhul, Mar 14, 2010.

1. I)eadnerzhul

I)eadnerzhul

Resources:
    Resources:
    Everything you will see here is a work-in-progress. That means anything and everything is subject to change.

The Culling: Hordes of Hell
    -An epic action RPG taking place in a dark, melancholy world.
    -High-quality writing and storytelling that I wrote myself.
    -Voice acting (hopefully...).
    -A never-before-seen dialogue system, where YOU decide what your character says.
    -A real-time combat system that allows you to perform powerful combos and deadly special attacks.
    -A great soundtrack comprised of many great indie artists.
    -Utilizes Born2Modificate's High Quality Doodad Pack.
    -Various companions that may join you (depending on how you treat them).

Story
    In the beginning, the mighty Gods created the Realm of the Living, and placed upon it mortal life. Afterwards, they ascended to their own realm above, and watched their creations begin to grow and prosper. The humans, greatest of all the mortals, banded together and formed the Kingdom of the White Griffins, who worshiped and venerated the Gods.

One of the Gods, Rac'gehenom, was hungry for power, and with the help of a heretical group of Angels, killed and consumed another God. The rest of the Gods were furious at Rac'gehenom, and sent him deep beneath the Realm of the Living, to the Realm of Hell, to watch over the souls of slain heretics and sinners. These souls became unbendingly loyal to Rac'gehenom, and Rac'gehenom became the Lord of Hell.

Since then, the people of the Kingdom of the White Griffins have lived in peace and harmony, and their monarchs have ruled fairly and justly. But deep beneath the Realm of the Living, the Lord of Hell sought to take control of the surface world in an act of vengeance against the Gods. For centuries, he waited patiently for the moment to begin his invasion of the Realm of the Living.... In the year 877, the year of Blood, an order of magic users opened a portal to hell, foolishly thinking they could gain power from the spirits of the damned. Instead, the demonic minions of Rac'gehenom rushed through, thus begining his conquest.

It is around this time that a lone adventurer makes his return journey to his home in the Kingdom of the White Griffins. Little does he realize the destiny he is about to face...

Are you ready to face the Hordes of Hell?

Enemies
    These are just some descriptions of demons you will face in The Culling. (Thank you so much Jsprat100 for giving me such good ideas for monsters!)

Impling
    Implings are the weakest of Rac'gehenom's demons, and often travel in packs of four or five. They are easy to dispatch, but can overwhelm you quickly if you are not careful. They attack by throwing magical fireballs at their enemies.

Imp
    Imps are the older form of Implings. They are tougher and hardier, and carry melee weapons into battle. Imps can inspire allies and demoralize enemies.

UPDATE! More pictures have been added and the story has been updated! I've also started working on the demon enemies, and changed the model of the main character to an edited version which is much more suited to my needs.
    1 - The first one is an ingame screenshot of the starting location and the main character.
    2 - The second screenshot is an in-editor shot of the first "village" you encounter. Turns out the demons have massacred it's inhabitants.
    3 - The third is of a small group of trees that are to the right of the starting location. Perhaps the site of a low-level boss with some better-than-average loot?
    4 - The fourth is an over-the-shoulder shot of the Hero as he looks towards the ruined town below.
    5 (NEW!) - A shot of the same town, but this time MASSIVELY enlarged and with a lot more detail!
    6 (NEW!) - Same as five, but in a different spot!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 18, 2010
  2. N1ghthawk

N1ghthawk

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Nice start to the terrain. A few interesting features like interactive dialogue, combo attacks, and companions could pull this mod out of the every-day rpg if implemented correctly.

I wish you luck mate :)

3. Raj91

Raj91

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    This is an awesome idea! I hope this takes off and you finish it. I can't tell you how many awesome projects that I have fallowed that died after months of work. Good luck though.

4. I)eadnerzhul

I)eadnerzhul

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thanks for the feedback guys! Don't worry, I plan to see this one through. The only problem is that I come home late from school everyday (5:30), so my only real opportunity to work on the project is on the weekends. But I have everything planned out already for the beginning part of the Prologue.

A question, though: should I give the main character a voice also? Like grunts and stuff, as well as saying "My inventory is full" and things like that.