• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The cost of defense v 1.11

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This is a classic zombie-survival map... with some twists, it also reminds me a bit of Kodo tag.

1) All towers require some kind of resource to fire.
2) Nearly all buildings produce some kind of garbage, or useful item.
3) Garbage (non-useful items) can be put into a garbage hole, which can explode if i full.
4) modes -easy, -hard, -noboss (more to come if suggested)
5) Lumber and gold is gained by having lumber mills and mines.

Tips on playing:
Start by creating a "resource-base" at where your builder starts (unless you start at the middle of the map.) and then, before the timer expires, you must go and build some basic defense, to kill the zombies, and keep yourself alive.

I'll update this map, as often as i get suggestions!
This map isn't protected, and may be altered, if you tell me first.
[email protected] just send me a live call, or an email.

Update-log:
1.01: Set blink cooldown to 20 seconds instead of 60.
1.02: Added another mode, -FT, makes all towers shoot without burning bullets or resources (REALLY REALLY easy with easy-mode on too)
1.03: Added 0,1% chance per zombie slain, of dropping an artifact total artifacts: 3 total chance: 0,3%
1.04: minor terrain changes
1.05: Added laggreduction, when the game is really going, sometimes zombies stop... it can now be fixed with red typing -lagg
1.06: you can now lose if there are over 500 pieces of garbage per player in the map. turn this off by red writing -eco
1.07: Major terraining improvement, minor spelling fix defense ;)
1.08: major bugfixes
1.09: remade the -eco mod, now it toggles garbage spawning on, instead of what it did before.
1.10: udated the artifact drop systems: total artifacts: 7 total chance: 1,9%
1.11: Colorized all text edit: removed bug, making a million items spawn.

Keywords:
zombie, survival, base, defense, zombie survival, zombie defense, kodo tag.
Contents

The cost of defense v 1.11 (Map)

Reviews
04:30, 30th Jul 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected
Level 14
Review:

Well im not a moderator or anythingbut here is my Mini Review :)

<<<The cost of defense>>>

Positive Points:
[+]Original according to me, 8/10
[+]Quite Fun, 7/10
[+]Nice Waterfalls :), 9/10
[+]Good use of cliffs 7/10
[+]Nice Blight Mountain 6/10

Neutral Points:
Terraining is ok 5/10
Bridges looks kinda...weird 5/10

Bad Points:
[-]The plateu is a bit flat\dull 2/10
[-]Some of the terrain changes like in a flash. 3/10
[-]A few typos e.g defence>>defense:) 2/10

This map is working and not bad from my part and i consider it for Approvel
My rating for this map will be 3.9/5 >>>
4/5

Good Job, Happy map making :cool:

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply

That was really something i could use! thanks, and the map IS created by The_Clam, which actually is my current name... i just don't know how to change Gamecrafter_DK

I'll see to it that the typos get corrected, since i am a great speller, sometimes, i just don't notice my spelling.

Thanks!

edit: i don't know what you mean with plateus that is flat?

Last edited:
Level 14
That was really something i could use! thanks, and the map IS created by The_Clam, which actually is my current name... i just don't know how to change Gamecrafter_DK

I'll see to it that the typos get corrected, since i am a great speller, sometimes, i just don't notice my spelling.

Thanks!

Ratting changed, yea i thought the map was yours, since you knew so much about it:cool: , Any way if you want to change the author go to World Editor, >> Scenario >> Map Description >> >> Author :cute: