• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Cold heart of Metal Lord

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
We have uploaded 2 maps and 2 cinematics for this campaign. It is NOT COMPLETE.
If you feel campaign is good and rest of the story need to be told, then we will happily make new maps and complete the story :D
Previews
Contents

The cold heart of Metal Lord (Campaign)

Reviews
Abishkar
The Cold Heart of Metal Lord First off I would like to say the opening wallpaper (or whatever the thing that comes up when you open the campaign is called) is not well designed. What it seems to be is the Metal Lord and Eren, but it is so terribly...
Shar Dundred
This unfinished map still hasn't been updated. Moved to Substandard.
Level 7
i dont mean to discourage you but this is one the worst if not the worst lol no story elven kings human king with 2 guards army made of 2 archers and 2 footman lets not even talk about the horrible story gameplay ? boring so boring like when someone sees bad campaigns its fine but this how long did it take you to make it 20 mns ? horrible needs alot of improving story wise playing terrain everything like it makes no sense and ye a prince going to play assasin on a king ? how does he know of a secret passage in a well ? an abondend Kingdom ? where are the guards ? u take a passage to the kings throne no guards ? going solo im here to kill you ?

Last edited:
Level 3
i dont mean to discourage you but this is one the worst if not the worst lol no story elven kings human king with 2 guards army made of 2 archers and 2 footman lets not even talk about the horrible story gameplay ? boring so boring like when someone sees bad campaigns its fine but this how long did it take you to make it 20 mns ? horrible needs alot of improving story wise playing terrain everything like it makes no sense and ye a prince going to play assasin on a king ? how does he know of a secret passage in a well ? an abondend Kingdom ? where are the guards ? u take a passage to the kings throne no guards ? going solo im here to kill you ?

Thanks for the review. Sorry you have to go through such pain lol. :peasant-bowing:

Level 7
The Cold Heart of Metal Lord

First off I would like to say the opening wallpaper (or whatever the thing that comes up when you open the campaign is called) is not well designed. What it seems to be is the Metal Lord and Eren, but it is so terribly made.

I will be playing each map out of the 4 and marking all of them out of 5, and then adjust them to rate the campaign on Hive.

INTERLUDE – THE UNHOLY MEETING (FM – 5)

1. I maybe get excessively triggered when I see writings not in proper capital letters and grammar. Maybe your native language is not English, but still the loading screen of this interlude has grammar and punctuation errors.

2. A secret hidden cave with unholy properties cliché ;)

3. How were the footmen present inside the cave when we see Kendar and the other guy busting down the cave doors for the first time!

4. “The Demon Lord has been purged!” This was rather abrupt, without us knowing anything about Demon Lord or the damned Metal Lord.

5. What seems to be from the cutscenes, it looks like you did a good job with the terrain! Well Done.

Marks: 3.5/5 (Other than the logical and grammar mistakes, others were okay)

CHAPTER 0/CHAPTER 1 (???) – THE INFILTRATION/THE AMBUSH (FM – 5)

1. As written above, is it chapter 0 or chapter 1? The campaign menu says Chapter 0, and the loading screen says Chapter 1.

2. “A well in front of a castle!?? The king seems *much more idiot* than I thought” – Ahhh, irony overload!

3. Hypnostaff as in Sleep!? Why change the name when it does nothing extra than the spell Sleep itself!?

4. Wow, an intriguing puzzle at the very start! Although easy, but since I love puzzles, I will add a +1 to the score you obtain at the end. :)

5. Spidobots!? What the actual heck!? Wrong universe, my son!

6. Maybe you should make the stone dropped by the giant Furbolg more prominent, since it took me some time to determine where the stone is, lol.

7. Why make a way gate west of the statue only to teleport you back to the east of the statue, when it is just 5 seconds away!?

8. I caught two Bugs. One is – if you go through the way gate I was talking about above (which is active before you give the item to the Statue), you get teleported back, and then when you go to the statue and offer the statue the shield, he won’t take it, making the map unplayable. It only works if you do not go through the already active waygate.

9. Second bug – I reloaded my map after the first bug to play it again, and then I somehow found two shields (one was already lying in the ground, and another was dropped from the scorpion. And now when you offer the statue, it accepts it but waygate does not get activated.

10. Third bug – I accidentally hit some button on the keyboard (I was not looking), and what it did was transport me to the last cutscene of the King becoming a robot and the chapter ended abruptly.

11. Wait wait wait, hold on a second. What was the use of the way gates really? I did not notice at first but the left waygate had a path behind it that led to the last stage of the level. What was up with the Way gate section though? This seems like an incomplete map…

12. Well, now when Eren saw the King turn into a robot when he was bitten by one of those spider bots, does he decide to run. But he was already bitten by spider bots in the level before, lol.

Marks2/5 (The only two marks you get was for the puzzles and your attempt. I thought this map would be good, but The last part really dampened my spirits)

CINEMATICS – THE SAD NEWS (FM – 5)

1. I will try to ignore the occasional “togather” “magicaly” stuff.

2. “Press the Attack” he says, when he has almost close to no units in his camp.

3. Good concept and well thought though, You kind of tried to combine Starcraft and Warcraft. Good try.

4. Son regretting at his absence during the death of his father cliché.

5. Son seeking for help from his sister who is mad at him for being his father’s favourite cliché.

Marks – 4/5

CHAPTER 1/CHAPTER 2 (I honestly don’t care anymore about the name)

FM – 5

1. At the very first, why did you think it was a good idea to make this map melee? Did you even test the campaign? Or were you so excited that you decided to upload it without checking.

2. Eren’s sister Princess Aleria Is also named Prince Eren in the cutscene.

3. The Interact in this chapter and the last does not seem to have any effect.

4. Lack of doodads makes the palace a very dull place to walk in. It is a PALACE, goddamnit!

5. Why the heck is there so much open spaces!? Why don’t you block off those parts if there is nothi9ng in it? I was really tempted to use the vision cheat since it involved aimless roaming. I understand you want to hide stuff, but just make it puzzle –oriented instead of making it time-consuming and aimless.

6. I did not even make any potion, I just had the library card with me, and then When I came near Prince Eren, it marked my quest of making potions complete, and proceeded on to Eren. This map is honestly so incomplete. If you wanted this to be a demo, atleast polish the stuff by testing it once and then upload it.

7. Only thing positive about the map is the choice interrogation with the prisoner.

8. Now the soldiers who say “As you command, Sir” are named “Prince Eren too.

9. Terrain outside is pretty good… It seems like the nature doodads took so much from the budget that the palace doodads could not be placed. Lol

10. “You shouldn’t be here” But you never put barriers to block us off.

11. The second button (after the spider is trapped) is actually unpressable, dunno why, maybe because of a broken trigger.

12. The second path for defeat was intriguing, but actually useless, since the whole trigger operating the button is faulty, so it won’t work by that either.

Marks – 1/5 (Totally unplayable map, Lack of proper scripting)

Summed up, this is a pretty broken campaign, and needs a lot of polishing.

PROS –

- Good ideas

- Well made concepts

- Good attempt at creating enemies Starcraft-type.

CONS-

- Frustrating and time-consuming

- Broken Campaign, with huge number of bugs and unplayable last map

- Glitches here and there in coding which resulted in things not intended to happen.

- Lack of polishing, decoration, Boring terrain in most parts.

- Not at all entertaining, unless you are entertained by catching other’s mistakes.

- Mapmaker did not bother to test the map before uploading, so you will find the bugs you encounter when you create a map, and then test it for yourself for the first time

Recommendability-

NOT RECOMMENDED

Ratings-

Additional deductions/additions

-1 Maps do not play one after the other

-1 Unskippable Cinematics

+1 Intriguing Puzzles at the start (as promised)

MAP RATING – 9.5/20

MY HIVE RATING – 9.5/20 x 4 = 1.9 ~ 2/5 (Broken Map, Needs a lot of polishing)

Last edited: