• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Both Sides (MEGA WAR) V5

----------------------------------------
Update v2.1 25/09/2008

Version 2.1 Ready.

Changes:
-New Neutral building (at the center of the map)
-New system that makes some items spawn randomly in the map at start of the game.
-Custom loading screen and info about the map.
-The map's name was changed to "The both sides" since this has become more of a melee map.

Fixes:
-The circle at the left of the map name doesn't indicate that this is a 1 player map anymore, it now indicates 6 players (sory for this noobish error ^^')

Enjoy it

Update v3 26/09/2008

(an update per day... not bad xD)

This version has many changes:

Changes:
-Added a river with some bridges.
-Added some creeps (They drop powerfull items that are droped by your hero wen he dies).
-Now Wall Maker can make watch towers, but their much more expensive than the normal humans watch towers.

Fixes:
-Price and cool down of goblin sapper and goblin zeppelin are higher and reveal ability was removed from goblin laboratories (I consider this as a fix because with many zeppelins and goblin sappers would be too easy to breach into the enemies defences, and with reveal you could see what you enemy was doing and that takes away the surprise factor.
-Some starting positions have been replaced.

This update was once again tks too AlphaVED that has given me ideas.
Sory for not putting the 6v6 but i will soon, or at least 5v5.

Hope you'll like it

--------------------------------------
Update v3.1 27/09/08

This version comes with many fixes:

changes:
-None.

Fixes:
-The hot key to the tower in the wall maker building section are now well placed.
-The gates cant upgrade to towers anymore (sory for that mistake xD)

Ok only too fixes -.- but important ones.

Hope you like it.

Update v4 3/10/08

In this version theres lots of changes:

Changes:
-Added extra 2 players for each team (making it a 5v5 map)
-Land elevations are not regular and boring anymore.
-Less mines with more gold each (lots of people didnt played this map because in the image it looks like there were too much mines and there was no space to build... this should change that).
-Mapo name updated to "The Both Sides (Big Map)", to let people know that this is NOT a small map. (xD)
-more randomly droped items at start.

Fixes:
-None.

Have fun

Update v4.1 25/10/08

Changes:
-Unit balancement
-Custom image for the map

Fixes:
-None.

Enjoy.

Update v4.2 2/11/08

Changes:
-Some terrain changes.
-Added some units.

Fixes:
-None.

Update v5 16/11/2008

Changes:
-Changes on the terrain.
-Wall maker changed is name to defender and he can now set up mines.
-Some unit balances.

Fixes:
-None.

Hope its better

Keywords:
defencive, defence, 2, v, 3, 5, position, line
Contents

The Both Sides (MEGA WAR) V5 (Map)

Reviews
This map had been examined by Alexis Septimus. If you think this map review is not accurate or require another review, feel free to contact Alexis Septimus. But, map would only be review again for second time and also for the last time unless under...

M

Review
Notice & Contact
This map had been examined by Alexis Septimus. If you think this map review is not accurate or require another review, feel free to contact Alexis Septimus. But, map would only be review again for second time and also for the last time unless under certain circumstances. It would be selfish to request constantly a mod/admin to keep review your map as there is many other maps waiting for approval as well.

However, if you still insist of another review after it had been review for second time. Feel free to contact other admin.

To contact Alexis Septimus, please click this
new_mail.png
Visitor Message.
Map Review

[+] Author & map name
[+] Map description
[+] THW rules & regulation
[+] Map in English language
[+] No Error/Crash/Fatal error
[+] Quality are acceptable
[+] Not stolen/hack/de-protect map

Condition : Average
Review : 1

Note : This trigger leak and it is not a good sign of it if you are playing multiplayer mode.

• Items
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Item - Create Talisman of Evasion at (Random point in (Playable map area))
      • Item - Create Cloak of Flames at (Random point in (Playable map area))
      • Item - Create Warsong Battle Drums at (Random point in (Playable map area))
      • Item - Create Crown of Kings +5 at (Random point in Region 000 <gen>)
      • Item - Create Crown of Kings +5 at (Random point in Region 000 <gen>)
      • Item - Create Crown of Kings +5 at (Random point in Region 001 <gen>)
      • Item - Create Crown of Kings +5 at (Random point in Region 001 <gen>)
You should use variable for it and destroy the group. Since this trigger just execute once, it is fine. But, I recommend you to use such a setup if you are making a trigger that could repeat the function in such a way.

• Items
    • Events
      • Time - Every 180.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Random_Area = (Random point in (Playable map area))
      • Item - Create Talisman of Evasion at Random_Area
      • Item - Create Cloak of Flames at Random_Area
      • Item - Create Warsong Battle Drums at Random_Area
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Random_Area
As for the resources distribution, it seems like the gold mine is a bit too high. But, you probably did that at purpose since this map serve as altered melee.

Every neutral structure except tavern must be guarded, please take note if you are making melee map, since this is altered melee. You might have done that at purpose, I would give you exception at this part as well.

As for the wall maker, you did a horrible mistake in setting those hotkey. There is no information indicating those hotkey for the wallmaker and it's wall. You should highlight the hotkey for those structure and unit or else people won't know what type of hotkey to used. Apart from that, you even highlight the wrong hotkey for the wall unit.

Terrain is quite bad and the thing you edit most of the time is just the food cost & gold cost, you hardly add any custom unit at all.

Infact, I notice several typo error at map description.

Overall the map quality could get this map rejected although it follow the entire criteria state above, but seeing that you often update this resources. I would give this map a seal of approval.

And please do not delete and re-upload resources because it is a rules violation especially deleting an approve resources. If you are caught to be doing the same offense again for the 3rd time, you would be given a even more harsh punishment.

Negative reputation is just a friendly reminder.

Reminder
The map might not be fully tested, if any user of the map found bug/error or anything else. Feel free to contact Alexis Septimus by clicking this
new_mail.png
Visitor Message.

Level 3
It's a fun map, but it really needs improvements.
The goldmines shouldn't be set so random. I don't know if you wanted it like this, but it's really annoying if you want to build and there are goldmines just everywhere. Less goldmines with a higher amount of gold would be better (I think).
Also, a three vs two is not really fair. The "advantages" are simply not there. Put the defenders on a mountain with only one or two entraces, and give them more "defend units". The wall builder is a nice idea, but needs more stuff to build. That leads me to the next point: The wall is pretty tough. Easy and fast to build, but hard to destroy. It should start with a little weak wall and you should be able to upgrade more and more.
Also, the attackers should have a time limit or something like that. They can build up their army, and just use their advantage being one more player, which eventually leads to the defeat of the defenders, since they are only two.

And, as said before, creeps, shops, and a better terrain would be nice.
I also noticed that in longer games lumber runs out. Maybe a shop where you can buy gold for lumber and lumber for gold would be nice.

Level 3
I played this map again. I'm glad to see you are getting more comfortable with the editor, doing new stuff and all that.
It's fun to play, even with bots, and it's good that you can produce so many units.
What was negative?
Well, I don't know if that was ever your intention, but how about new units and some triggers to make it a real mod, not just a changed melee map? Just an idea.

Also, the wall builder is pretty useless. The gates are a nice thing, but worthless after about ten minutes. Either remove them or let them build new towers or something like that.
Then, I think, since it's not really a defense map anymore (you can still do that), that you should change the terrain more. Do hills, maybe a river with a bridge, stuff like that.

What else? Maybe more players? 6vs6 would be great, and the small map makes it harder to build a base. Then allies have to cooperate more, that would be interesting.

And maybe you could add creeps. Just at random positions in the middle of the map, so no one gets rushed by them. I'll rate it a 3/5. A fun map, but still work to be done.

Level 5
Maybe you should have the gold mines more, symmetrical. There is one more on one side. The mini-map looks terrible but having AI makes it much better, Maybe add a 4th Tier, with another hero for each race? With a new building, and 2-3 units each for the races? It would be a bit of work, but it will be more of a challenge. The wall builder is a good idea. Cause i play Age of Mythology, where walls are essential. Just fix up the gold mines a bit, and it will look less confusing.

Level 6
Glad to say that v4 is ready :), and by request of many people this has been changed to a 5v5 Melee Map :D

Hope its better, and tks o the ones that have been given ideas and sugestions so I can make this a better map :).

Just one question... why isnt this approved anymore? It has been some time since i upload it ???:(???

Level 3
OK, I played it again.
Since the first version, you improved the map drastically, and it is still fun.
The terrain is OK in my opinion, but you can/should still work on it. Add mountains, destructible bridges, something like that.
The wall maker is kinda useless. People never used him, or when they did, they complained that the tower is too expensive. Try to make the wall maker more attractive, let him build defense units, something like that.
Also, some more researches would be nice. Something like: "Horde bonus" When more than twenty units stand together, they do 15% more damage.
Just play the map in the battle.net and ask people, what they would add.