• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Battle for the Lost Crystals AoS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Ok first things first , I do know of how many AoS maps are out there and that mine will be obselete according to alot of people because they are "overwhelmed" by DotA and are narrow minded thinking DotA is the only map out there.

Anyways I will show some screenies soon but here is some info.
A war broke out between the Horde and the Alliance over this Crystal that contains magical properties to whom ever has it.Well the Crystal was shattered by an Archangel so no one can posess it's great power because it could bring destruction to the world if it lands in the wrong hands.

The Crystal Shatterd into 4 pieces which are now carried by 4 "roshan" type Neutral creeps i do not have a name for them yet but i will soon.

So the goal is to defeat the enemy team by either,
1. Destroying their main structure like most AoS'
2.Collect the Crystal shards and make the crystal and return it to your base for victory.

Now when you have aquired the full crystal the person who has it cannot drop it manually and it reduces their movespeed about 50% and they will receive bonus damage from spells. This gives the Opposing team a chance to retrieve the crystal and try to win it for themselves.

I will implement a game mode to disable the crystal victory if players do not want to play like that.

~Progress~

Terrain - 100%
The terrain is 100% complete but if people think it could be altered in a greater way i might change it up!

Triggers - 95%
Crystal trigger and properties like that are not complete but will be soon.But all the unit spawns hero spawns and all of that are complete.

Heroes - 24/??
23 Heroes are complete 1 is a bit buggy working on it.

Items - 90%
Could have a little bit more recipes and that but for now its good enough.

~Features~

All custom heroes spells,quite a bit of imported material but not to much for file size.

The Crystal capturing feature as i mentioned above.

Multiple game modes for different plays!

Many heroes on the way for a new character every play for a new experience.

(More to be said once i remember)

Iwork on this map quite often now seeing how i don't do much so i will be updating this thread atleast once or more a week!

Well i hope you enjoy and wait for the screenies and thanks to Elelijrk for the name!

Attachments

• BFTLC.JPG
    BFTLC.JPG
    121.4 KB · Views: 114
  • Battle for the Lost Crystals.w3x
    864.3 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
Level 7
It dosnt have anything to do with being "overwhelmd" by DotA. we've just all seen enough AoS maps and they are all the same (and this "genere" is not that good anyway).
Your map sounds like "DotA with crystals". nothing really interesting...

if you want your map to be seccesful, first thing dont write "AoS" everywhere you write it's name, people will automatcly hate your map.

also you should change the gameplay, not the objective, if you want it to be spaciel.

Level 4
The thing is I'm making an AoS because i love them and it's all i play.I don't plan on changing gameplay because i want to keep it simple and nothing to complex for people to get mad and just leave,somthing easy to comprehend thats why im dont altering it to much.

Level 4
I know 4 is much to less i am working on it daily for my beta release i aim for atleast 12 6 for each team.

Edit: The first version will be released soon i now got 24 heroes thanks to a friend of mine who merged his map with mine so we will be working on this together : D.So i will have the first verison posted by the end of this weekend

Edit: 2 Terrain screenshot is up!

Last edited:
Level 4
~bump~
Edit: I am going to upload the map now with 9 heroes in total just so people can get a feel of what this map is like. 4 on the alliance 5 on the horde.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.