• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Balance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ok so need a spare terrainer, spare triggerer, and a co-manager/creator for this cinimatic i'm making. what i have below is a sample of what might be part of the cineimatic. its is a very ambitious attempt. and this may reqire several different chapters. If you want to join, ask here obviously. below are several different starts we could do. its up to us to decide which one or make a new one. lets map nao.

Members

-TWIF, Co Creator

-Vengeancekael, Co Creator

Basic screenplay concept:
The Coalition

Chapter 1

A Screenplay by The World Is Flat

The universe always seeks to be balanced – two forces always exerting equal force upon one another. Good and evil in equal measures; suffering and bliss, civility and barbarism, drought and flood, light and dark… Now, two powerful sorcerers seek to overcome this eternal balance, permanently. Their plan is to bring an end to suffering and make the world into a Utopia. They first must first do the unthinkable. Something that has only been spoken of in guarded whispers by the most hardened tongues – they must raise an army of the spirits of the dead… With it, they can gather enough power to actually crush the very essence of evils – the demon lord Neuromn. This demon, it is evil incarnate. It seeks only destruction death and power for the sheer joy of it. He is balanced by the other great entity, who signifies pure love, care, peace, known only as The Light. Together they are known a Balance. And the disruption of balance would wreak havoc on the world, and bring it into a great Apocalypse that could last forever, for without balance, there is nothing…
Meanwhile, word has reached the Emperor of their plan. He has consulted with his wise council of mages, and they understand some of the chaos that will unfold should the sorcerer’s destroy lord Neuromn. Unfortunately, the empire is weak and rife with many small wars; it is ill prepared to halt an army of the dead. The council of mages has advised that the Emperor send envoys to the isolated Clan peoples in the mountains. These clans are very warlike and possess unique powers, Powers perhaps great enough to stop this atrocity in its tracks.

The first scene depicts terrible suffering and imbalance…
A company of soldiers marches into a remote village. They are heavily armed with shield and sword. Leading them is a Captain and a Holy Paladin.
The village is nestled in a small depression in the earth, surrounded by trees and rocks. In the distance there are mighty mountains. The sky is light blue and happy. There is an abundance of cheerful animal and plant life…
Two members of the village council – magicians Yarris Magebane and Kamile Vastenvorg – come up to greet them. Here is what is said:
The Captain says: “Greetings! Who might you be?”
Kamile responds: “I am Kamile Vastenvorg and this is Yarris Magebane. We are members of the village council. What has brought you here?”
The Captain replies: “We are here in the name of justice! Ten citizens here are guilty of smuggling forty barrels fire-whiskey – fire-whiskey brewed by enemies of our Empire. Were you aware of this, councilmen?”
Kamile says: “Captain, I can assure you that none of us would do such a thing. We are all honest farmers and craftsmen.”
The Holy Paladin steps forward and says: “You support these people? Then you clearly are a part of their scheme! Do you know what the sentence is for this act of treason? It is death, by sword and fire!”
Yarris says: “We stand innocent until proven guilty. What say you?”
The Holy Paladin replies: “We will have our proof soon enough… Captain?”
The Captain says: “Men, search the village. Leave nothing unchecked. Move it!”
The soldiers march into the village, pushing past the two council members.
Kamile interjects: “You have no right to barge into the houses of these people! Be gone from here!”
Yarris says: “Kamile, my friend, I doubt we can persuade these… men… to leave. We have nothing to hide, correct? If these soldiers cause any damage then they will have to pay us.”
The Captain walks

The movie begins with Yarris Magebane and Kamile Vastenvorg discussing their plan. They stand together on the edge of a rocky valley, overlooking it.
“This is the Valley of Souls. According to the Archmage, all the spirits of the dead pass through here before entering the spirit world.”
“I can sense their energy.”

“The world is not a perfect place, my friend.”
“Indeed. There is much suffering.”

In the beginning, there is a battle on a grassy plain. On one side are clansmen with powers of ice. On the other side are the magicians Yarris Magebane, Kamile Vastenvorg and a group of militia. The battle is vicious and bloody and quick. Only Yarris and Kamile survive…
“Yarris… so much suffering… so much death…!”
“My friend, we cannot let this happen again… I have had enough of this.”
The scene fades out… a new scene fades in. Yarris and Kamile are standing in a city courtyard, surrounded by civilians.
Yarris says: “You all know what it is like to suffer! People have been dying in the wars. Your crops do not grow. Your bread turns stale. At night, the stone walls are cold and damp…”
Kamile says: “It is time to bring an end to this suffering. Why should we suffer? We do not deserve it, do we?”
The crowd cheers.
Yarris says: “Then it is settled. We will strike at evil incarnate, the demon lord Neuromn, and destroy him once and for all! But… we will have to use evil to destroy evil.”
“Yes,” says Kamile, “an army made of the spirits of the dead. It alone will have the power to slay evil. To raise this army we need to cheat death.
“What we ask for are willing sacrifices…”
The crowd becomes nervous and frightened.
“We seek two volunteers among you, to go with us to the Valley of Souls. There we will perform the ritual, to send your spirits to the Spirit World. You will be able to call upon the spirits of the dead from there. Who will proffer themselves?”
A band of guards enter the courtyard.
The captain of the guard asks “What’s going on here?”
Kamile says: “Say nothing of this to them, people. They will not understand.”
“What won’t we understand? Explain yourselves!” the captain says.
Yarris says: “We do not need to say anything to you, guard. We are free citizens on free ground.”
“Hmmph!” exclaims the captain. “Well, don’t mind us if we hang out here and just listen in…”
Kamile and Yarris exchange glances. Kamile says: “I think it is time that we go now. But… have any of you agreed to come with us?”
Two citizens step forward.
“Good.” Says Yarris. Then he enunciates a spell under his breath, and the four of them disappear.
The guards stand around slightly dumbfounded for a moment.
“What was that all about, sir?” asks one of the guards.
“It was Kamile and Yarris again. They’ve been going around trying to get people to sacrifice themselves for some kind of crazy ritual or somethin’. They say they’re going to make the world a perfect place…”
“Looks like they’ve convinced some people to join them, sir.” Says another guard.
“Yeah. That’s not good. Whatever those crazy magicians are up to, it can’t be good. Squire. Take a message to Emperor Hansent…”
The scene fades out. Another scene fades in. The emperor is facing his council of mages.
“These magicians are trying to raise an army of the spirits of the dead to slay Lord Neuromn,” says one of the wise councilmen. “If lord Neuromn is defeated, then Balance with The Light will be disrupted. The world will fall into chaos and apocalypse. This is indeed grave. We must act. Our empire is stretched thin. We are battling many battles on many fronts. Our soldiers are not available to fight the skeletal army. Emperor Hansent, you have only one option. Send emissaries to the clan peoples in the mountains. Their wars have cooled and they may listen. We must try to convince them to form a coalition, with a single goal of defeating the skeletal army, should it emerge.”
“But will the clans really listen? They have no love for us, since the Conquest.” Says another council member.
“True. But time has healed many of those wounds. And we can offer the clans something – a common goal will bring them all together. They have been unable to make peace. This will give them their peace at last.”
“Thank you, my council. I understand. Your advice seems sound. I will have my best emissaries sent at once. Session adjourned.”

The scene fades out, and another scene fades in. A forested woodland…
Tam Yatti is on a hunt with his sister Fae; they are stalking the elusive Irlo, a bear-like creature that roams the plains. They’ve tracked him for many miles and are beginning to become concerned about whether or not they will find him. Their people are very hungry, because something has been killing their local wildlife.
Fae stops and kneels beside a bush. She says, “Look, he stopped to nibble on these firesword berries.”
“What are those?”
“They will give him great strength for a while but then he will become paralyzed. Let’s go!”
Fae heads on, with Tam following close behind. They pass a tight cluster of trees and bushes, and then stumble into a stream.
Tam says, “we’ll have to scour the other side for his tracks.”
They cross the stream and begin looking for the Irlo’s tracks.
“Any sign of them?” Asks Tam.
“No.”
“I will head up this way,” Tam says.
“OK.”
Tam goes upstream, and Fae goes downstream. The camera follows Tam as he makes his way…
Ernest Mcibrick emerges from behind a tree. “Yamlos.” He says, which is a greeting in Tam’s clan. Tam returns the greeting.
“Nim oro Ernset Mcibrick,” Ernest says. I am Ernest Mcibrick. “Fwat lis boo-lu?” Do you speak the common tongue?
“Yes, I do” says Tam.
“Good. I have come because I wish to speak with your chieftain. Is he near here?”
“No. He is many days journey to the east.”
“Oh. I see. Them could you send him a message for me?”
“Yes.”
“Tell him that army of the spirits of the dead has arisen. It will stop at nothing until it destroys the world. The only way to stop it will be to destroy its masters, the magicians Yarris and Kamile. They are too difficult for the empire to reach. This is a perfect opportunity to unite the clans! Ask the other clans to form a coalition with yours. Then assault the army of the dead!”

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.