• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Ashbringer

Ashbringer

Blade of the Scarlet Highlord

The famous Ashbringer from World of Warcraft. The texture is drawn by me.

Update 27/1-14: I have reworked the texture once again! The blade has been redrawn. Also I have modified the hue and saturation on some parts to make it look a bit darker like in World of Warcraft.

Here is the new look

pI745SY.png

xMPwBQv.jpg

Keywords:
Ashbringer, Lightbringer, Scarlet, Crusade, Sword
Contents

The Ashbringer (Model)

Reviews
17:18, 21st Dec 2009 DonDustin: nice attachment model

M

17:18, 21st Dec 2009
DonDustin: nice attachment model

Level 4
finally a new Ashbringer model! I've seen b4 though but this one is unique!4.99/5 for that work man! is awesome!(though in the rating I'm givin' ya a 5 as according to Estimation.

great work! keep it up!
So far I've seen ur the best attachment modeler I've seen on the HIVE!

Level 30
W.i.p

Here is a W.I.P. pic of what im doing right now.

(Old pic deleted)

I am making the corrupted Ashbringer and the texture is about half-done. It looks a bit crude and I haven't finished the details on the blade yet. I will work more on the texture of the corrupted Ashbringer so it wil take a while. :)

EDIT: Finished the blade and now the only thing remaining is the top part of the blade (the silver coloured rectangel on the left part of the screen) and when that is done, all I will do is polish and then start with the model to wrap the texture on :)

attachment.php

EDIT: Forgot that I'm gonna draw some green glowing runes on the blade aswell ^^

EDIT: The corrupted Ashbringer is done! Here it is: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...erbysunchips-153246/?prev=status=p&u=Sunchips

I know the texture sucks real bad on this model but I will fix it very soon.

Attachments

• wip.jpg
    wip.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 10,108
Last edited:
Level 3
Sunchips, here are some other WoW weapons that you might like: Felsteel Longblade, The Warblades of the Hakkari, Glaive of The Defender, Warp Slicer and Hellion Blade.

Level 1
uHm i have a little problem when i put the sword at a peasant he just disapears and i don't rly know why any1 can help ?

Level 1
Why for the love of god cant my map editor comprehend this model? Any advice would be nice. I import it correctly but it wont attach to my character say it cannot use the import ashbringer etc. etc., this really sucks because im making a map involving the scarlet crusade. Anyone know the problem? It says I just cant get it or many other model as a matter of fact to load.

Level 30
can y pls tell me how to change Uthers hammer with the Ashbringer ? so that he wield only this weapon:grin:

There are two ways to do this.

1. You open the texture used for uther and alpha out the weapon (I'm not entirely sure how to do it but I know people have done it).

2. Open the model used for Uther and shrink the weapon so that it is no longer visible (Don't delete it or the model will not work properly).

After you have done either of this, you have to import the model/texture and use them for your unit. Then apply a special effect or a spell like sphere to attach the Ashbringer to the right hand of Uther. Good luck :)