• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

The Alamo FEREAL v7.0

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This map is an upgraded version of the original Alamo map made by Gdeter and Raven206 recreated by teh_pwn101.

Added:
- new terrain
- new models/skins
- new custom abilities
- new units
- new items
- ladder system for south wall

Special thanks to Lord_T, Mechanical Man, Cavman, Ket, and General Frank for the awesome models used in this map! GL HF

Keywords:
Alamo
Contents

The Alamo FEREAL v7.0 (Map)

Reviews
14:00, 28th Feb 2009 by bounty hunter2: Needs some fixes, since you aren't active here anymore Rejected. You can find my full review Here.

M

14:00, 28th Feb 2009 by bounty hunter2:
Needs some fixes, since you aren't active here anymore Rejected.

You can find my full review Here.

Level 18
Here is my rating and comment:

Rating system

Altered Melee:
1 - 10 points go on originality
1 - 10 points go on terrain
1 - 10 points go on bug free
1 - 10 points go on gameplay/fun factor
1 - 10 points go on lag
1 - 10 points go on balance
1 - 10 points go on drops
1 - 10 points go on Object editor work
1 - 10 points go on proper submission and crediting
1 - 10 points go on scripting
1 - 10 points go on camera work
1 - 10 points go on music and or voice acting
1 - 10 points go on dialog
-------------------------------------------------
Percent Grade Status

0 - 34%
1/5 Rejected

35 - 49%
1/5 Reviewed

50 - 64%
2/5 Reviewed

65 - 79%
3/5 Approved

80 - 89%
4/5 Approved

90 - 100%
5/5 Approved

The table may vary if needed.

Originality: 6/10
Even though I haven't seen any other Alamo map, but I know there are quite some out there, this one is indeed fresh in any matter, and even though it is a historical event and you will think how original can that be it is surprising.

Object editor work: 4/10 X
Unit descriptions should be done better, with info of attack and hitpoints, add hotkeys for building units. You need to color a letter and make it a hotkey.

Bug Free: 8/10
Even though we didn't get till the end of the map I don't think any bugs are even possible, since its rather simple.

Terrain: 6/10
The city terrain was fine, great I can say, however the outdoor wasn't done in a good manner. I know where the battle happened and it is supposed to be the way it is, plain and flat, but you could add more things to the outdoor terrain, a bit more vegetation as a starter.

Scripting: 5/10
Simple, no errors. However what needs fixing:
- When we went playing 1v1 we couldn't control ally units
- Either remove them or enable control when there are open slots

Gameplay/Fun Factor: 6/10
It is a interesting defense map and you will have a good time playing it. Being the attacker or the defender the map is a fun one to play. You need strategy to bet the defender, since just sending zounds of troops won't do the trick. I suggest a even bigger variety of units, maybe a multiboard with a status.

Lag: 7/10
Decent enough loading time, the game started to lag after a period I spent playing it, maybe 20 minutes or so. Leak?

Proper submission and crediting: 5/10
Credit the authors of the models in game aswell, more info and images.

Conclusion

24eyv87.gif
24eyv87.gif
15phlph.gif
15phlph.gif
15phlph.gif

In overall: 47 / 80
58%
minimal 50% met.
For the hive grade: 2/5 I suggest this map for: Rejection
-------------------------------------------------
In overall a interesting map, that you will have fun playing. You need to fix hotkeys, make a better submission, deal with the terrain a bit and some scripting issues and I am sure this will be approved.

EDIT: Seems that the author is long gone from here, so neccesary updates can't be met. This should be rejected.
Good Luck, bounty hunter2
I might not be checking this topic for some time. If you have any questions about the review or you update the map and want me to check it again, feel free to PM me or Visitor message me at any time.

Last edited: