• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] The "Add ability" action

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi! I'm new to triggering and having an issue regarding the use of "Unit - Add Ability". I'm trying to make a trigger that grants an ability to a unit carrying a certain item. Both the trigger below and one using "Unit aquires item" as event fail to add the ability to the specified unit. Adding, for example, a special effect instead of an ability with the trigger below works as intended. What's wrong?

Thanks in advance
Kebur

• Untitled Trigger 003
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.10 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area)) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • ((Picked unit) has an item of type Doomhammer) Equal to True
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Add HammerFall to (Picked unit)
            • Else - Actions
              • Do nothing

Last edited:
Level 1
Problem solved. Apparently the add ability trigger won't function as long as the picked up item itself has the ability you want to grant the unit (don't ask me why it did). Thanks anyway though!

Status
Not open for further replies.