• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

TFoRP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
TFoRP ~ A RP Map Series
Made by: Weyrling & TheOverWhelming (AKA TheCrystalBlade)
TFoRP is a Roleplay series that will soon have our official release. While we, the Masters of Procrastination, have it pretty much done, it requires testing of triggers (for crashes) and more builders.

The first public release version will probably not be out too soon, but the RP triggers are pretty much done and needed to be tested privately.

Summary
A basic Roleplay map, created to fix 'retarded' errors, obvious trigger errors and to make Roleplaying generally better. While the map is nearly done, models imported into the map are low, the only ones so far are a Dwarven Miner's set (the one in SotDRP).

Objective
• What's a RP you say? A RP (it could be considered a RPG because it is a RolePlaying Game) is a game where YOU make YOUR own storyline and have it inter-twine with other people's storyline.

Features
• No selection bug! That's right, NO selection bug. Nadda, zip, zero! Don't believe me? See if you can get into the testing.
• Editted and enhanced terrains. Including a new one made by (correct me if I'm wrong) SuXoR. This terrain will include NO cliffs!
• A set tileset because Warcraft 3 doesn't like more then 16 tiles!
• A set height, so you can't uberly glitch the game and cause the terrain to be so strange!
• Better commands! Hopefully (in the end) there wont be any crash errors or useless nulling.
• Less Lag (unless your computer is horrible)!
Maybe Xtreme RP maps for those with better computers, these ones will be much larger in size, 480x480! How you may ask? WEU may seem useless, but the adding of tiles and the increasing of the map size is useful! Or is the increase of the maximum map size some other program provided by NewGen? Go ahead, correct me if I'm wrong.
• Every BASIC Unit (Every .mdl) has been converted into a Hero! That's right, HEROES! This adds up to a total of over 300 custom units! While their stats are still the same with HP and damage (and upgrades), you can NOW set their STR, INT, and Agi!
• Every hero has been converted into a Unit, while they still have the same names they are ridiculously overpowered. But I Text RP, So I didn't care!
• Higher Standards, period!

Team
• Weyrling (Major Triggerer, some terrain editting).
• TheOverWhelming (Object Editor, Import Manager).
No one else except a few suggestions (which may be added to credits).

Progress
Triggers: 90% Done (Need to check for crashes)
Object Editor Things: 75% Done (probably less considering Builders and spells).
Importation: 45% (Custom Units, Buildings, and other things are still needed to I can feel comfortable with a official release).
Terrain: 25% (One terrain has been done, 25% could be considered 100%).
Overall: Alpha (58.75%)

Other
• This map is not done, it took merely a total of 24 hours of 'actual' working to get this far (been working on it for about 6 months but didn't do anything for 5.9 months). Models YOU want to be imported could be imported, just remember to make sure they're models, not skins.
• Do YOU want to be involved? Want to make official votes on the terrain? My forums are always open at "http://thegaming.21.forumer.com/index.php". The official TFoRP section is under "http://thegaming.21.forumer.com/viewforum.php?f=29".
• Do not be afraid to make suggestions here, though we will think about them, there wont be a official vote and will most likely not be added.
• There will be a few models/skin that have a hidden Raw Data, but we will probably use it often and thus you may find out VIA cmdlog (if I can ever get it working correctly).
• If you want to seek me personally in Battle.net, my account is TheOverWhelming on the East Server. I hang out only in channel "Shu" (no quotes). If you want to see me, don't ask me to come to your channel as I will probably say "No".

Here's a few SS of SuXoR's terrain.
Edit: Anyone mind telling me how to move the Screenshots in here? Lol.
untitled-4.jpg

untitled2-4.jpg

untitled3-3.jpg

untitled4-3.jpg

Here are some of those images in the default WC3 view.
Untitled6-2.jpg

Untitled7.jpg

Untitled8-1.jpg

Untitled9-1.jpg

Last edited:
Level 18
um, flaw.

You cant get rid of selection bug its always there. To remove the selection bug you'd have to remove the spawner. Which is why DnD (like mine) has no selection bug because it is not being spawned at a moving trigger that probobly moves rapidly.

And good luck with the map, dota is already taking over Wc3 and I rarley see RPs anymore. Its bsaicly almost dead.. (no I dont like dota, I hate it, and I love RPing. hence my name).

Level 5
IamReaper, you are mistaken.
You CAN remove the selection bug. Why do I know this? Because Weyrling REMOVED it and I tested it thoroughly.
You know Philosopher? I filled up 1/4th the map with crap with no selection bug.
The Entire Bottom Left till the Mountains close to the Spawning Area (top left) to the Prison thing in the bottom middle.
Edit: Also, a constantly changing point does not cause the selection bug. It is the Unit Group of selected units.

And Gohan, it is different merely by there is NO selection bug.
Without a Selection Bug, RPers can make a lot more stuff without being frusterated.
And, Weyrling and myself have much higher standards then normal RPers, so we can make the best RP you can hope.

Plus, we will change the terrain to be more, changeable.

Level 5
Gohan43: We will try and keep nearly every hero and imported/custom model into the map, there WILL be a few secret spawns for those who truly want to use them. We already have one based off the Vortex model.

Iamthereaper: Sadly, you cannot increase cliff size or any of that inside WC3, it's impossible (sadly enough). But we will have a height command (need to test it in a minute and I will probably do a public beta test in a few minutes) that you can change the height of the area to a SET amount. We made it SET and not INCREASE or DECREASE because people have been known to increase or decrease height size to the point of screwing up the terrain.
You guys are so much more talkative then over at Wc3campaigns, not a single comment yet! Boo hoo.
BTW, just updated the first post with a few bullets in the Other section.

Level 8
sounds like the players will have some work to do : ) people at campaigns are the more serious type

also could you provide a clickable link to the forum, im stuck using my psp until my laptops fixed lol : P

Level 15
So... are you just going to remove the selection bug and say "HEY GUYS! I MADE A NEW RP MAP! THERE'S NO SELECTION BUG, AND EVERYTHING IS A HERO!" Fine. But I don't want another SotDRP clone. What do I mean by this? I want an RP map that has it's OWN terrain, like the RARP series, LoK/PoARP, and the latter SotDRP maps (when Anarki wasn't lazy to order his lackies around). And I don't want to see Cliffs. The terrain I made for my FIRST MAP had no cliffs (except the placeholders for the bases). So there.

Level 5
I plan to use quality terrain, I may re-use pre-existing ones for the terrain then make them better.
But I plan to make a few terrains (which will probably such, meh) which will have no cliffs.
And I plan to have higher quality.
Just, right now I'm having problems trying to get these triggers to world with NewGen, I honostly don't understand why some of my triggers disable the map. But I'll solve it with Weyrling, eventually.

Level 5
I'll see if I can get a free screenshots of SuXoR's terrain. My Terrain I'm procrastinating at.

We're generally using GUI Triggers, they get the job done plus I don't know JASS, Weyrling does though.
We do have custom scripts involving JASS, such as SETTING Height.
The Height system (we hope) could be used so that buildings could be more flat if the Player wanted them to be.

I'll take a few SS of SuXoR's terrain right now.

Edit: Updated First Post.

Level 5
We'll try to get custom spells in, but not tooo many.
But definetly, I'll be adding custom spells that people may want.
Sabertooth: Meh, I don't remember exactly where they were but I'll try.

My main concern as of this moment is making all the triggers work, even the ones that should work.

Edit: Updated First Post

Status
Not open for further replies.