• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Texture for Blight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Updated: I added a new blight texture to a map I am making, but it removes the normal blight. I was wondering if...

Is it possible to have 2 different blight textures? one for undead and a new one for another race?

Last edited:
Level 8
All the of the blight textures are found in TerrainArt/Blight, and the file you want to overwrite depends on the tileset you're using. Here's a list of files:
blight.jpg
blightx.jpg

So if you're using the Lorderon Fall tileset, you want to check "Use Custom Path" on the dialogue box in the Import Manager, and replace what's in there with "TerrainArt\Blight\Lordf_Blight.blp" without quotes. Hope this helps.

Level 6
I figured out why it wasn't working for me.

Now I have a new question... can there be 2 different blight textures? the normal one for undead and my new one for naga??

There can be two textures that look like blight, but not two blights unless you trigger them normally.

You're going to need triggers to determine the terrain at a location and everything you want to do with the effects of your races.

e.g.
Buildable only on x (Needs triggers to cancel/destroy/remove the building and refund on attempt, does not show on the green/red squares that a building is unbuildable because its destroyed through trigger)
Spreading 2nd blight on every or some buildings
Replacing 2nd blight with other terrains when the ground effect is no longer there (e.g. building destroyed, ground is cleansed)
Actual blight will overtake non-blight unless you make the 2nd blight un-buildable like a rocky terrain
Original Blight always shows as Blue on the minimap regardless of what you do, 2nd blight will look normal on the minimap.
Corrupting trees

Everything that normal blight does, you have to figure them out and trigger them because there isn't a built-in functionality for more than one Blight. Unless you want a blight that functions differently than the normal one does, then that may be much simpler to create.

Level 6
There can be two textures that look like blight, but not two blights unless you trigger them normally.
I dont want two textures that look like blight, I want two different textures for blight, one regular and one that looks like shallow water, but they would work in the same way. Like I said, I already got the water texture imported and working, but it also replaces the original blight.

You're going to need triggers to determine the terrain at a location and everything you want to do with the effects of your races.
sounds like a lot of work? not sure where to begin

Buildable only on x (Needs triggers to cancel/destroy/remove the building and refund on attempt, does not show on the green/red squares that a building is unbuildable because its destroyed through trigger)
Spreading 2nd blight on every or some buildings
Replacing 2nd blight with other terrains when the ground effect is no longer there (e.g. building destroyed, ground is cleansed)
ok, still not sure where to begin

Actual blight will overtake non-blight unless you make the 2nd blight un-buildable like a rocky terrain
Original Blight always shows as Blue on the minimap regardless of what you do, 2nd blight will look normal on the minimap.
Corrupting trees
un-buildable blight sounds like an oxymoron, blight is for building... I dont care about the color on the minimap and I dont care if blight overtakes blight

Everything that normal blight does, you have to figure them out and trigger them because there isn't a built-in functionality for more than one Blight. Unless you want a blight that functions differently than the normal one does, then that may be much simpler to create.
Simpler how?

Level 2
In the sense of it being possible to add new, custom skills to custom characters, I'd assume you could do the same to terrain. If it is possible, I'd create a custom terrain in World Editor, give it the new texture, and then assign it the "skills" and parameters of Blight. At least in theoryo_O

Level 6
001 tried helping but had problems, I guess the blight texture Im using is too small or something so it caused a glitch. I mean it works fine if I use the new water/blight texture in place of the default one, but when trying to use it as a non-default blight texture it overlaps and takes over the entire map (he said he might be able to fix it but didnt have the time)

Level 2
001 tried helping but had problems, I guess the blight texture Im using is too small or something so it caused a glitch. I mean it works fine if I use the new water/blight texture in place of the default one, but when trying to use it as a non-default blight texture it overlaps and takes over the entire map (he said he might be able to fix it but didnt have the time)
I too know the pain of texture size mismatches... I try to always match the canvas size of my finished drawing to the original blp sheet, before going about converting said drawing back to blp. Yet sometimes the graphics decide to glitch anyway:(

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Terrain texture sizes are very flexible. If their X dimension is <= Y dimension then they are a reduced variation tile type, otherwise they are an extended variation tile type. Being a texture, they are not pixel aligned with fragments being sampled based on the terrain UV wrap. Each individual tile texture is aligned such that for seamless wrapping it has a 1 pixel boarder at 128/256*128 and a 2 pixel boarder at 256/512*128. Use of non power of 2 resolutions is not recommended due to wrapping seams, even though 512*511 is a valid extended variation tile type texture.

Status
Not open for further replies.