• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Replacing Blight with terrain-texture

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Hi!

I would like to replace the blight-skin with Ashenvale - Vines groundtexture.

My map has the Lordareon Summer Tileset and I have found the path for Lordareon Summer blight:
TerrainArt\Blight\Lords_blight.blp

Here I have the path for the terraintexture:
TerrainArt\Ashenvale\Ashen_Vines.blp

How do I do to switch or replace them?

Last edited:
Level 10
Yey! I downloaded a converter and extraced the Ashenvale_Vines into a TGA file and then I converted it back into BLP. I imported the BLP to my map and replaced it's path with the blight-path. So now the blight looks as elvish as I want it to be! I even replaced the corrupted trees around blight with fresh elven trees!

Now my map is a bit bigger because of the imported files, is this the best way to do it or is there any other way since the paths are all already in the game?

Level 10
A strange thing occurs.. I have imported the Ashenvale - Vines terrain texture into the game again and replaced the blight with this texture.. However, when a building is destroyed and the blight is removed, the original ground textures under the building are not there anymore, instead it is all replaced with dirt..

Any theories why this happens?

Status
Not open for further replies.