• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Text to Voice AI

I was making Text to Voice AI for my map and then I came across 'Using AI to create custom voice lines & campaign dialogue' and mostly recommended Elven Labs. I was wondering is there a free alternative that is similar to Elven Labs? With what have you experimented and would mostly recommend?
ElevenLabs is the best option and no free option will have the capabilities to create enough voicelines for a campaign/map. ElevenLabs is also fairly cheap and on discount jn, so I think the cheapest option is only $3 maybe $1 after discount rn.

Level 23
I was making Text to Voice AI for my map and then I came across 'Using AI to create custom voice lines & campaign dialogue' and mostly recommended Elven Labs. I was wondering is there a free alternative that is similar to Elven Labs? With what have you experimented and would mostly recommend?
Actually, there are or were free options. Check them here:
PlayHT - for professional usage, dunno it is free for now;
FakeYou, Your Deep Fake Text to Speech Website. - a lot of game character voices, you can check them;
Home - also provides free (?);
Free service - text to speech and save to mp3! and so-on reader websites, now provide more-or-less robotic voicelines.
GitHub - neonbjb/tortoise-tts: A multi-voice TTS system trained with an emphasis on quality - use this repo to install tts-model, which is nice in quality, but requires a good GPU.

In terms of quality, ElvenLabs is are most proficient one. But I don't recommend that you use multiple accounts for their services - you can get an IP Ban for 100 years, and you'll be unbanned if you buy a subscription.

Level 11
Great just continue pumping any information of alternatives you have! People will explore them more.

Is the basic plan in Elven Labs do a good job or someone has to buy the more expensive plan?

The Creator plan has 'Professional Voice Cloning'. Is that needed? It is 11$ then 22$. Is basic plan not enough?

Actually, there are or were free options. Check them here:
PlayHT - for professional usage, dunno it is free for now;
FakeYou, Your Deep Fake Text to Speech Website. - a lot of game character voices, you can check them;
Home - also provides free (?);
Free service - text to speech and save to mp3! and so-on reader websites, now provide more-or-less robotic voicelines.
GitHub - neonbjb/tortoise-tts: A multi-voice TTS system trained with an emphasis on quality - use this repo to install tts-model, which is nice in quality, but requires a good GPU.

In terms of quality, ElvenLabs is are most proficient one. But I don't recommend that you use multiple accounts for their services - you can get an IP Ban for 100 years, and you'll be unbanned if you buy a subscription.
Thank you I'll check some out!
If anyone has anything to say just write.

Last edited:
Elune be with you brother and thank you for the info, I'll then use the basic option.

Saw your Campaigns are Voice Acted. I'll have to check them out. What of your campaign would you recommend to hear the power of ElvenLabs?
Lordaeron's Destiny is the only one that is voice acted. I used Replica Studios for some voices and ElevenLabs for the characters King Candor, Commander Istan, Pyraelus, Captain Morson, Thassarian, Varian, Sylvanas and Genn Greymane. The rest should be replica studios.