• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Text on the ground? {not a floating text}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi. I've been wondering how they made the text on the ground like in DotA, when you're in -rd mode, and you can choose a hero.
There's a countdown, and it doesn't seem like a floating text.

The reason I don't like floating text, is that it isn't fixed. It's.. well.. floating..

How can I make a text, which is 100% fixed, and maybe centered to a specific place on the ground, or in the center of a region?

No, if I know what you're thinking about, textsplats off wc3 campaigns by PitzerMike, he uses images. afaik, he's come up with a way of making images so they work ingame, but its very complicated and probably not worth it in the end. Ubersplats, unfortunately, need models. Do they print the skin of the model onto the ground? I've never tried them.

Level 9
No, if I know what you're thinking about, textsplats off wc3 campaigns by PitzerMike, he uses images. afaik, he's come up with a way of making images so they work ingame, but its very complicated and probably not worth it in the end. Ubersplats, unfortunately, need models. Do they print the skin of the model onto the ground? I've never tried them.

Images are not complicated, if you understand how to use them. Blizzard just was so lame that images only works with a blp file with 1pixel transparent border.

For custom blp import its work fine, but you cant use them with ingame.

Level 1
I think someone told me to use TextSplat, and the system text is so.. long. Is there a way to store a system in a file, import it, and include it?

Level 1
Does NewGen support vJass? :p

Edit:
Never mind that question. I just read alot tutorials about it, and I'm now making my map vJass, instead of just random Converted GUI->JASS

Edit2:
Problem solved, by the way. Thank you all for your help. I'm using TextSplat, tho, I had to include alot images, which took quite some time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.