• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Testing Problems in WE Unlimited

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
To keep this nice and short, I have started creating a map in WE unlimited and went to test it, I clicked the test button and... Nothing. It minimized but the game didn't start.

I went into the game to test it from there and it didn't show up in the folder I saved it in but when I tried using the original World editor it tested fine.

in case it's a problem I have windows 7, Frozen throne, and the latest patch. Can anyone help?

Even JNG can be a buggy mess sometimes.
If you're not using vJass or extensive instances of Jass (in which JNG's features like the syntax checker are incredibly useful for) personally I'd recommend using the standard WE, little room for anything to go wrong and you pretty much know it's going to work correctly.

JNG does on the other hand have useful features like an enhanced tileset editor which will be useful.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Although no one should not be using some features of vJASS in their maps.

Normal JASS does not even let you use globals (next to crappy usless GUI ones) and has stupid restrictions. The normal JASS script compiler (as in merges and generates the scripts) is also prone to reporting stupid errors like the line above where the error actually is or even crashing totally and utterly (without saving).

Pity the people who worked on JNGP were so selfish they did not open source it. One can not even update the required editor version easilly.

If you're only coding in GUI, do it with standard editor. Jass NewGen Pack does not support GUI hashtables which hinders GUI users from maximizing GUI's potential.

If you are doing custom script, do it in JNGP. In normal World Editor, an accidental Ctrl+Z can undo a day's work. Also, udg_ arrays try to initialize themselves in the InitGlobals block (can't set their size to 0) which is a waste of text.

Status
Not open for further replies.