• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Terran Dropship Trigger help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Greeting, I'm trying to make a spell based off the one Abriko used in his Acathla map. I do have a basic knowledge of Triggers but I have been trying to get this thing to work forever. So far no luck. What I need to do is:

1 A unit casts an ability called "call in back up"
2 when casted, a dropship should spawn onto the map, land near the unit, and deploy a certain number of troops.
3 the dropship should then lift off and fly off the map.

The model I'm using is Abriko's Dropship, and yes I have made a spell called "dropship (land)" based off of crow form for the dropship. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you ahead of time.

(I want to do all of this with Triggers because I don't know or understand Jass scripting stuff)

Level 5
somthing like this ?
  • Reinforcements
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Call Reinforcements
      • ((Casting unit) belongs to an ally of Player 1 (Red)) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (noevac <gen> contains (Target point of ability being cast)) Equal to False
          • (noevac2 <gen> contains (Target point of ability being cast)) Equal to False
        • Then - Actions
          • Set Reinforcements[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = (Target point of ability being cast)
          • Game - Display to (Player group((Owner of (Triggering unit)))) the text: (Additional troops secure your position in estimated + ((String(((Integer((Distance between Reinforcements[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] and (Center of evacsouth <gen>)))) / 512))) + seconds))
          • Unit - Create 1 M-80 chopper for Neutral Passive at (Center of evacsouth <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
          • Set ChopperREinforcement[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = (Last created unit)
          • Unit - Make (Last created unit) Invulnerable
          • Unit - Grant shared vision of (Last created unit) to (Triggering player)
          • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Move To Reinforcements[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]
          • Unit - Set the custom value of (Last created unit) to (Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))
          • Wait ((Distance between (Center of evacsouth <gen>) and Reinforcements[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]) / 522.00) seconds
          • Wait 6.00 game-time seconds
          • Unit - Order ChopperREinforcement[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] to Move To (Center of removechopper <gen>)
          • Unit - Create 2 Medic for Player 12 (Brown) at Reinforcements[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] facing (Random angle) degrees
          • Unit Group - Order (Last created unit group) to Attack-Move To (Center of visionhealtop <gen>)
          • Unit - Create 3 Grunt for Player 12 (Brown) at Reinforcements[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] facing (Random angle) degrees
          • Unit Group - Order (Last created unit group) to Attack-Move To (Center of visionhealtop <gen>)
        • Else - Actions
          • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads You cannot secure a... above (Casting unit) with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%), and 0.00% transparency
          • Wait 2.00 game-time seconds
          • Floating Text - Destroy (Last created floating text)

Last edited:
Level 6
Well the model doesnt matter. As for your problem. I think that you may use a unit that floats and you wont need any crow form ability. Also about the trigger. Make a space in which wont be able to be seen by player 1 (use Camera bounds). After that Every time the unit casts the ability, create the ship that must also have the Load unload(zeppelin ability) and the units in this space, load them all and then order to unload them in the target point

Level 2
Wow, I'm in grade 12, and I feel stupid. It's awesome that you were able to write that for me PvSvN, but I can't figure out how to do it in the editor. I found some of those triggers, but I'm fuzzy on others. I'm too busy with school right now to figure it out myself, so could you do me a huge favor and attach something that could help me figure it out easier? Please, I really need to finish this spell! I would greatly appreciate it!

Status
Not open for further replies.